surat2000
06-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Ok its hd loader v0.8c elf file

can u please tall me how to install it

dlanor
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Ok its hd loader v0.8c elf file

can u please tall me how to install it
The PS2 does not have a system of installed applications (like Windows or other OS have), so you just store the elf wherever your homebrew software can find it, and then use that software to launch it.

Since you have an MC that can boot uLaunchELF (aka: uLE), if I understood you correctly, then you can simply use the uLE FileBrowser to copy the HDLoader elf file to any medium it can access, which includes memory cards ("mc0:" and "mc1:"), FAT32 USB drives ("mass:", "mass1:", "mass2:", etc) and the internal IDE HDD ("hdd0:").

But for the case of HDD you may first need to create a suitable partition for storage of normal files, using another part of uLE known as "HddManager" and found in the "MISC/" pseudofolder when using the FileBrowser.

Once you have created a partition you can then use the uLE FileBrowser to create folders in it (if you like) and to copy whatever program and data files you want there, including of course the HDLoader elf you mentioned.

And wherever you have copied such PS2 programs that you later want to use, you can also link them to the quick-launch menu of uLE, by using the "Configure" menu to edit the uLE configuration and then save the changed configuration to MC.

This way you will get all those programs presented for quick-launch at the touch of a button, each time you launch uLE in the future.

However, due to recent developments you will probably be better off using a program named "Open PS2 Loader" (aka: OPL) instead of HDLoader, since it is far superior in many ways, and also because it is a 100% freeware homebrew project with very active ongoing development, unlike the commercial HDLoader which is a dead project. But that is something you can consider later on. For now it is perhaps easiest for you to use what you already have.

Btw:
The FMCB boot system that allows us to boot from an MC is also a 100% freeware homebrew project, so any extra money you paid above the cost of the MC itself was money lost unnecessarily. In future you can use your existing boot MC to create any number of new FMCB installations for new MCs. This site includes info and tutorials on these matters.

Best regards: dlanor

surat2000
06-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Ok your information is helpful

but i perches that software from local game zone in my town but this time i see it how to install that software in my ps2 hard drive

1 he connect my hard disk in his computer
2 format it hard drive using winhipp software
3 install it iso image in my hard drive using winhipp
{ the iso he install in my hardisk hes name is god of war 2 software }
4 remove har drive from pc and connect in ps2
and insert it memory card in ps2 and star ps2 by pressing r1
5 there is hd loader in hes mc
and i see it that iso [god of war 2 software ]
6 he start that software by pressing x and the is logo in whit screen

the matrix team and he press it x once again and ps2 shut down it
7 he remove it memory card from ps2 and start ps2 and hd loader is star

so any one is her who give me that software link here

i have hd loader in my mc now i just need that software iso

and one more question when i formatting my hard drive in winhipp

wich format i have to use 24 bit or 48 bit i have 160 gb seagate hd

JNABK
06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
i have hd loader in my mc now i just need that software iso

Sounds like you might have HDPro and if thats what you have, then you will need their Installer to make it work.

Does your Slim look like this:

http://hd-pro.net/images/product_icon.jpg

If not, then we will need more info about your Slim Model and on what modification you have to make a HDD work on a Slim console, as their being modified is the ONLY way to get an IDE HDD to work on a Slim PS2.

when i formatting my hard drive in winhipp

wich format i have to use 24 bit or 48 bit i have 160 gb seagate hd24bit is for HDDs under 137GB and 48bit for HDDs over 137GB

surat2000
06-04-2010, 12:57 AM
no my ps2 is slim 70000 series

and the is one serciet come out side of my ps2

and i connect my hard drive in it { pata hard drive }

surat2000
06-04-2010, 11:44 PM
i am waiting for that software ........................

dlanor
06-05-2010, 03:07 AM
i am waiting for that software ........................
You might wait forever, as we still have no clear idea what you want.
And that is because you still haven't described this in any clear terms.

You yourself have stated that you have both HDLoader (aka: HDL) and uLaunchELF (aka: uLE) on your memory cards, and that is all the runtime software you should need.

What you have not clearly stated is what homebrew boot method you have, if any...
And you must have some such method in order to use either uLE or HDL.

Since you've said that you have both uLE and HDL on MCs, but seem at a loss for how to use them, asking for some way to 'install' HDLoader, it appears to me as if you lack proper homebrew tools, including a proper boot method.
(NB: The normal procedure with HDLoader is to NOT install it in any special way. Just store the HDLoader elf file whereever you please, and use uLaunchELF or other menu program to launch it.)

The only boot method you have described is that used by the other guy, who prepared your HDD and memory cards, who apparently used a Matrix Infinity modchip for the homebrew booting. But your description does not make clear if this test was done on your own PS2 or on his PS2, so we are still not sure what kind of PS2 boot methods you already have.

If you do have a Matrix Infinity modchip (or a compatible clone of it) in your console, then your best option is to install uLaunchELF (aka: uLE) for either DEV1 or DEV2 booting. Either way, you can download the latest uLE release from the "PS2 Apps" section here at SKSApps, in the subsection named "Launchers".

DEV1 install can be done simply by storing the "BOOT.ELF" file from the uLE package in a folder named "BOOT" on the memory card, and for this copying you can use uLE itself, as booted from a burned CD/DVD. You will find suitable ISOs for uLE v4.37 in the same place mentioned above, where you get the release package of the latest uLE version (currently v4.41), which is the version you should install.

DEV2 install initially requires using a special DEV2 installer disc, which you can also find in the "PS2 Apps" section, in the subsection for "ModChips" and its subsection for "Matrix Infinity" (NB: There are DEV2 installers for other chips too, but those are NOT compatible with a Matrix Infinity chip.) The DEV2 installer is required to make your chip accept using a "boot.elf" file in the "__boot" partition on HDD. Simply storing such a file there is probably not enough. But future changes of the "boot.elf" file can be done by normal Copy/Paste using the uLE FileBrowser.

Btw:
DEV1 path is "mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF" with upper-case letters for both folder and file names, and lower case only for the drive specifier.
DEV2 path is "hdd0:/__boot/boot.elf" with lower-case letters for everything.
Any mistake in character case will cause the boot to fail, just as for other misspellings..

Whichever install method you want to use, setting the modchip up to use that boot method requires changing its settings, and if your modchip is an early clone chip then all attempts to change those settings will fail. On a console with such a clone you will have to press some specific gamepad buttons during boot, in order to use either DEV1 or DEV2 booting (if/when the clones are able to do it at all, which varies).

Once you have uLE running, copying other elfs to MC or HDD is child's play, and so is linking those elfs to quick-launch shortcuts in the menu of uLE. And that naturally applies to HDLoader as well as to any other elf files you may want to use.

Finally, in choosing between 28-bit and 48-bit versions of programs or settings, the choice is very simple. If your HDD is larger than 128 GiB, then you MUST use 48-bit LBA, since the 28-bit LBA standard is unable to cope with larger discs. But most modern software, such as uLE, uses 48-bit drivers that are capable of handling all drives, large and small (up to 2 TiB anyway).

If this still isn't enough to get you going, then you need to describe to us in some better way exactly what you already have working, and exactly what it is that you want.

surat2000
06-07-2010, 05:46 AM
ok i am taking you clear what i need

i need a software who show me a my games list which i install it in myps2 hard disk from winhiip
when i start my ps2 i am not pressing any button of my joystick its show me a hdloader skin and and after that its show me a my games list so i need that software who show me a my games which in my ps2 hard disk
[ no memory card or not pressing any button of my joystick }

i don't know what to talking that software its hd loader or hd advance or boot-elf what ever

there is one local game zone in my town and he install that software in my ps2 hard disk but he don't give me a ISO of that software he take it lots of money for installing that software in my hard drive

i need a THAT ISO file which i tall u above

ok and if you want know any thing about my ps2
than tall me what u need and how to i give you

NHS2008
06-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey Surat I assume you are from India.
You need to get rid of that software you purchased from "local gamezone." it's probably long outdated...get latest HDLoader & uLe from downloads page or that link Jasper posted and just read the Dlanor's post. you seem to have matrix clone...so you will need to press R1 to launch dev1 app..which you better use uLe. and then through uLe launch HDLoader.

surat2000
06-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Ok i check it my ps2 matrix configuration menu
{ by pressing round and triengal }

there is matrix v1.93

ps2 screen fix : Color
y screen fix : Off
psx screen fix and multi disk : On
mc 16 & atad auto patch : On
macrovision and green fix : On
dvd video region : 8
dvd 9 dl support : On
boot mode is : Dev2
pad detect time : 10
boot logo : Off

i just want that software iso please don't confusing me

u all guys are great but just need that software link here
and nothing more

dlanor
06-07-2010, 10:14 AM
ok i am taking you clear what i need

i need a software who show me a my games list which i install it in myps2 hard disk from winhiip
when i start my ps2 i am not pressing any button of my joystick its show me a hdloader skin and and after that its show me a my games list so i need that software who show me a my games which in my ps2 hard disk
[ no memory card or not pressing any button of my joystick }
What you said here makes no sense at all.
First you said that your console boots into HDLoader which shows you the game list.
Then you say that you need a program that shows you the games installed on the hard disc.
In that case you'd have no need, since HDLoader itself already shows them to you...:crazy:

I think you meant something entirely different, though you didn't say it correctly.

I think you meant that you need a program to install new games, without having to go to that swindler who keeps charging you money for what should have been free.

i don't know what to talking that software its hd loader or hd advance or boot-elf what ever
HDLoader is apparently what you have for running games.
HDAdvance is a rip-off copy of HDLoader, but sold as an independent commercial product.

A better backup game launcher is available, as 100% freeware homebrew, and this is known as "OPL" == "Open PS2 Loader". And later on it will be best for you too to start using that instead. But for the present you should stay with HDLoader a little longer, as you may need to use it for some stuff.

there is one local game zone in my town and he install that software in my ps2 hard disk but he don't give me a ISO of that software he take it lots of money for installing that software in my hard drive
And that is probably why he has provided all of his customers only with a customized version of HDLoader, with the "Install" command blocked, so you can't use it and probably can't even see it in the command list of HDL.

That is clearly a scam of his, making money out of his customers' dependency on coming back to him for all game installs. But you should be able to break that dependency by a number of different methods.

One important piece of knowledge here is whether or not your console still has a working CDVD drive ???

If that is the case, then you should be able to use burned homebrew discs, by pressing a specific button at console start or reset. Normally the MI button for a CDVD 'FastBoot' is the 'Select' button. So if you press and hold down the 'Select' button on your gamepad while turning on or resetting the console it should attempt to boot a CD or DVD disc in the tray, disregarding its normal use of DEV1 or DEV2 booting. (You can release the 'Select' button again when you notice that the CDVD drive is responding, and should release it before the software of that disc starts up, so it doesn't take that button press as a command for itself.)

i need a THAT ISO file which i tall u above
By 'THAT ISO' file, I take it that you mean whatever it is that allows new games to be installed to the HDD by yourself, without needing to go to that scammer again. That is not an ISO file at all, however, at least not if you want to do it by the same methods he used.

You said that he used WinHiip to do the installs, which means that he has connected your HDD to his PC and is doing the installation with WinHiip, which is a 100% PC-based program. Running that program on your PS2 is not possible in any way or form.

But there are other ways of installing HDL games to the PS2, where we use an installer client running on a PC and connecting over a LAN network to a server program running on the PS2. This is how I prefer to do game installs of only a single game. But when doing several game installs in a row, WinHiip is preferable due to its much higher installation speed.

And of course, HDL itself is normally able to install games from the internal CDVD drive too, when you are using a normal version of HDL, rather than a version where the scammer blocked this command.

This again touches on what I see as your MOST pressing need of all.
You NEED a proper homebrew boot method, controlled by yourself, instead of being controlled by a scammer who is only using the methods he chose because they are his best tools for taking your money.

Since you do have a working modchip (as it can boot HDL, either by DEV1 or DEV2), you should be able to use it to boot normal homebrew programs like uLaunchELF (== uLE), and using the FileBrowser of uLE you should be able to install any homebrew programs you need, copying them from a FAT32 USB drive (prepared on a PC) to the memory cards or HDD of the PS2, not in the form of any ISO files for HDL, but in the form of normal ".elf" files stored on any media you prefer (normally MC, HDD, or USB) and with the PS2 able to use them from any of those media.

Suggested Installs (once you have uLE FileBrowser running):

1: Replace the current HDLoader program (install-blocked version) with uLaunchELF, by using the "BOOT.ELF" from a uLE release package to replace the HDL elf, as used either for DEV1 ("mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF") or for DEV2 ("hdd0:/__boot/boot.elf"). This will give you control over what runs on your console, as uLE is capable of launching all other elfs (including HDLoader of course).

2: Download a fully patched HDLoader v1.8b elf, and store this in a place where uLE can launch it, and then define a quick-launch button in the uLE menu for that HDLoader. This will give you the ability to install games from CD/DVD discs in the CDVD tray, from inside HDLoader itself (this is an original HDLoader ability, which I think your scammer blocked).

3: Download a full HDL_Dump package, including the "hdld_svr.elf" program, which is the PS2-side server for networked installs. On many consoles this works better than installs directly in HDLoader (especially if CDVD drive is 'tired' or even broken). Then you can run the HDL_Dump.exe program on a 'PC' to handle game installs to the PS2 over LAN.

4: Download and install "OPL" == "Open PS2 Loader" which allows you to run games as installed for HDLoader, but also allows you to run games (installed by different method) stored on USB drives or even on a PC HDD (accessing the game files over LAN).

ok and if you want know any thing about my ps2
than tall me what u need and how to i give you
What I mainly want to know is if your CDVD drive works or not ?

If it does, then you should be able to burn a boot CD-R or DVD-R disc for uLE (see "PS2 Apps" section "Launchers" for ISOs to burn). And using this to boot uLE could be your first step to regain full control of your console.

Another thing I want to know is what you meant in saying that you have uLaunchELF on an MC earlier ?
Does this mean that you already can boot into uLaunchELF, and not HDLoader, when that MC is inserted into the console instead of the other (which boots HDLoader) ?

If that is how it works, this means you don't need any burned CD/DVD discs to regain uLE control, and it also answers a lot of other questions. For one thing, it definitely means that your modchip is using "DEV1" booting, since that is the only case where its booted application differs depending on which modchip is inserted.

And in this case you can immediately use that uLE version to do all kinds of system maintenance for your console, including replacement of elfs like I described above, so as to upgrade both your uLaunchELF version and the HDLoader (and other stuff) to the most current and best versions available. And of course, replacement of uLE itself for a version known to be untouched by the scammer (download it in "PS2 Apps" section "Launchers") should have top priority, as this is what you rely on for all other work.

The key to most of that work lies in the proper use of the uLE FileBrowser, so that is one tool you will need to learn how to use well in any case. You will find some information on that subject in "PS2 Apps" section "Tutorials".

surat2000
06-08-2010, 06:36 AM
i am taling i want to install hd loader in my ps2 becouse

when i start my ps2 its show me a hdloader skien thats why
if i know the which software i need than why i am asking question here

some one is say me a use hd loader elf
some one is say use ulounche and hd loader
and now u r saying me to use OPL loader

i am saying all the time i dont need any thing new or more i just need that software or nothing i have HD loader in my 1 MC and ULELOUNCHER in 2 MC

i think there is no one here who give me a that software or perfect solution

dlanor
06-08-2010, 09:46 AM

when i start my ps2 its show me a hdloader skien
How could that only be a 'skin' being shown, when in fact you have paid good money to have games installed ? Surely that is not just a 'skin displayer' but a real, though handicapped, HDLoader version. Or at least a launcher for starting that HDLoader version. Which was handicapped and then installed by the scammer you told us about, so that you will only be able to use it for playing the games that he installs for you, instead of being able to install games on your own.

And that is why I keep saying that you need to replace that handicapped HDLoader with a proper proper healthy HDLoader. That is your first and foremost need (though you also have others that you haven't realized yet). And in order to do such replacement you will need to use some of those other tools I mentioned, primarily the uLE FileBrowser.

thats why
if i know the which software i need than why i am asking question here
This is almost amusing (though not quite).

Here you finally admit that when you keep asking for "that software" you have no idea what you mean. And yet you still have the gall to insist that the software we suggest for using (such as a proper replacement HDLoader) is not at all what you need, and even keep repeating that you need nothing new.

I'm on the verge of giving up completely on helping you, since you refuse to accept the help given as valid.

No. That is not quite what I said.

What I did say was that OPL is a better game loader, and in the long term you might prefer it. After all, that is what nearly all other homebrewers now prefer, including myself. And in the long term you too should have the same benefits that we do.

But for the present you should stay with HDLoader, since you may need it for some things and also because you may find it easier to work with.

That is what I did say (among MANY other helpful things) in my previous post.

And as for using uLaunchELF, you are not going to succeed in fixing your console setup without it, so of course I advised you to use this as well as a new HDLoader.

i am saying all the time i dont need any thing new or more i just need that software
This is weird.

In one single sentence you first say that you don't need any new thing, and then you continue to say that you do need "that software", without specifying which software you mean by that. And yet whenever we suggest suitable software you just refuse the suggestions saying that that is not what you asked for and that you want nothing new.

Well, I've got news for you then:
As long as you have that attitude your problems will never be solved.

or nothing i have HD loader in my 1 MC and ULELOUNCHER in 2 MC

It is you who are refusing to read the solutions given to you, several times over.
You have been given many different solutions that would each have solved your problems.

But you refuse to accept any of these solutions, which is your right of course, but then you can expect no more help. We have already done all that we could, and you refused that help.

I'm giving up on this thread for now, but anyone else should feel free to step in...

JNABK
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM

when i start my ps2 its show me a hdloader skien thats why
if i know the which software i need than why i am asking question here You want to install HD Loader, but your already have it on MC......so if its already installed, then why are you trying to install it again?

i am saying all the time i dont need any thing new or more i just need that software or nothing i have HD loader in my 1 MC and ULELOUNCHER in 2 MC

Since its impossible for us to read your mind and know what 'perfect' means to you, then of course we cant give you a perfect solution.

You tell us you dont want anything new, only some software to install HDLoader, but HDLoader DOESNT NEED to be installed if its already installed.

It sounds like you want to UPGRADE it to a newer version and that can be done simply by COPY/PASTE using uLaunchELF.

your trying to ask how to install PS2 Games to your HDD and are confused about the installer, so your asking what to use. That would be Winhiip and it can be found in our PS2Apps section.

you are attempting to duplicate what you paid someone to do so you yourself can do it too, but didnt want to say that for some reason.

So what exactly is it your trying to do?? I understand theres a language barrier here, but your not explaining to us what you want, only that your expecting us to "guess" what your doing and only give you 'just' what your looking for without any understanding.

Your the one who is in need of answers here, so if you want any help, then you need to start explaining exactly what it is you want to do...not this "just give me software and nothing else" crap or i will just close the thread.

Nobody makes demands around here except those who run this site!

surat2000
06-09-2010, 07:37 AM
ok friends i am sorry if i use any rude word becouse i am confuse and i am going fail all the time but you all PEPOLE are trying to help me ok this time
i am give you a video link of my ps2 so wait

i dont know why but i cant paste my video url here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU1NhuJ6rXQ

this is a video of my ps2 i am not insert a MC or JOYSTICK just star my hard disk switch and start a ps2 and there is a one new software which i purchase from that game zone last Sunday but there is a new skin of god of war

JNABK
06-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Ok, so we can now see you have Dev2 , which is HDL installed to your HDD and is set to auto-launch on startups. I can also see you run a gaming business and i can 'guess' you want to be able to do 'maintenance' should something go wrong.......am i correct so far?

Most likely your chip is a clone and the people at GameZone have a Dev2 installer they used to install a skinned version of HDL. We cant give you their Dev2 Installer, since we dont know for certain what they did to modify the console. You can try our Dev2 Installer (http://sksapps.com/matrix/48-BIT-DEV2-INSTALL-PATCHED-HDL-VER12-13.zip) if you want.

Now there are several methods you can use to do the same thing, but i'll give you an easy program you can use. i've attached a multi-boot program.

This is an ISO you will need to install with Winhiip to your PS2's HDD and set it to Mode3.

Contained in the ISO is 3 programs to use, uLaunchELF 4.40, Free McBoot Installer and Cogswap.
After selecting it from HDL's Menu, you will see this screen "Change the disc And press X to play", just press X and ignore everything on this screen.
The next screen will be a menu where you can choose uLaunchELF, FMCB Installer or Cogswap.

Now here are your choices on using them.

uLaunchELF - You can use this to simply copy a new HDL to your HDD. Put a copy of the HDL you want to use on a USB stick, renamed boot.elf (small letters). Now run uLaunchELF from HDL (described above) and press O button to goto FileBrowser.
Goto mass:/ and find the boot.elf, press X while it is a selection to mark it, then press R1. Choose Copy (should already be selected) and press O button.
Next go to hdd0:/, then choose __boot/
now press R1 again and you should see Paste (should already be selected), so press O and a window will ask if you want to paste, just press O again and it will start pasting the boot.elf you copied from the USB stick (mass:/)
uLaunchELF Noobie Guide (http://sksapps.com/ule_noobie_guide/main.html)

Free McBoot Installer - With this you can install Free McBoot to a PS2 Memory Card and use it instead of a Modchip for any PS2 of the same region. You will need to grab the Noobie Package and read the guides since theres too much to list here. Free McBoot User Guides (http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/)

Cogswap - since you have a Modchip, you wont need this. It was already included when i made this for someone else.

Now i understand your running a business and want something that will 'auto-boot" HDL and im going to guess you want HDL's Splash screen to display your business logo instead of GOW2....right?

If yes, then uLaunchELF is what you want to use to replace the existing HDL with your new one. If your 'expanding' your business and want another PS2, then FMCB is a better choice than a modchip (its free) and can autoboot HDL. The only difference you will notice is the Free McBoot logo instead of the Matrix logo on startups.

Thats about as far as im going to "guess" on what you want to do, as you still havent told us your main goal and what it is exactly you want to do.

NHS2008
06-10-2010, 07:28 AM
If your 'expanding' your business and want another PS2, then FMCB is a better choice than a modchip (its free) and can autoboot HDL. The only difference you will notice is the Free McBoot logo instead of the Matrix logo on startups.
Hey, JNABK. He's probably at the shop from where he got it...didn't know they were making those locally. and also where we come from...chipped PS2s are the standard. and are wayyy cheaper than the "official" ones sold in big shops. only extreme noobs buy them..most people just get it "off the streets"..plus you get free games and can bargain like a cheap-ass! :lol:

surat2000
06-11-2010, 03:26 AM
yes u are right that my game zone and i am sorry because my English is so bad

and i cant explain u to exactly what i need
ok so now u know every thing about my business and my ps2
and i am going to try this software in my ps2 hard drive Thank for all your help

but onw more question just say me step by stem because i don't understand long way

(1) I have to download HDLOADER 8c-ELF and rename it to boot.elf and copy
in my pen drive root
(2) Now connect my harddrive in my PC and format with winhiip at hdloader48 bit
(3) Now add image of dev2 select mod 3 and done it
(4) Now connect har drive and insert Pendrive and MC in my ps2
(5) Start PS2 by pressing R1 and hdloader start from my MC and its show me a screen Ulounch elf Cogswap and free mcboot
(6) I have to select a ulounch.elf 4.4 and select file browser now going to mass and press X botton and press R1 for copy and going to the back now and select a hdd\ and select a _boot\ now press R1 and past

so this is a done or i have to do any thing more

and i have a u lounchelf in my other memary card so i think i dont need this image

i need hdloader 8c only copy that software in my flashdrive and rename it boot.elf
insert harddrive and my MC and Flash Drive in my ps2
now starting a ps2 by pressing R1 and Ulounch elf is start now copy boot.elf in my ps2 hard disk _boot\

My one friends give me his 80 GB Samsung hard disk so if i am right than tall me i try this method on this Sunday

surat2000
06-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Please say i am right or wrong i am waiting for your reply

i am waiting please please reply

JNABK
06-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Right