View Full Version : Install and boot HDLoader from HDD.

Eros
06-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi I have a question. Is it possible to install HDLoader into the HDD and boot it instead of booting HDLoader with the original disc? what I want to do is not use my lens at all. One last thing, the SMAP test from the MyPS2 option fails but everything is OK, is that normal? I didn't have any cables connected to the NA.

Bootlegninja
06-16-2007, 04:21 PM
You can use your retail hdl to install the exploit. from there you can use uLaunchELF to copy a patch version of HDL on to a partition on your hard drive and use uLE to launch it from there.

Eros
06-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh great. I wqent through the tutorial section for a guide on step-by-step on how to but found a few exploit tutorial but I don't think they are for what I need. Could you point me to one?

Thanks alot.

Btw is there anything special about the memory card I recieved with the HDLoader .8b?

JNABK
06-16-2007, 09:48 PM
If you bought the HDLoader 3.8b, then yes the MC has the exploit already on it. Just put the disc in and the MC and restart the console and you should have hdloader running. Thats if they did the exploit correctly. The disc they give you is just a PSX game disc, does it have a glued on blue label? Try running the disc without a MC in the console and see what game they gave you.

The boot app is an older uLaunchelf, at least the one i got was, so you may want to upgrade it with a newer version. Look in the tutorials again for ulaunchelf and with the tutorial, you can learn how to copy and paste a new file to your MC, or HDD to launch it from there. You can even leave it on a USB thumb drive and load it from that.

Eros
06-17-2007, 06:33 AM
This is most disappointing. I was expecting a real HDLoader disc and not an exploit for the amonut of money I paid. (Is there info about how it the exploit works on this site? Got interested now that I know the disc is justa PSX game.) And is this the tutorial you are referring to?

http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=launchelf_tut.html

Thanks

EDIT: Ok I followed the tutorial and made an image. I know I have to burn it onto a CD and install it. But how do I load CD-Rs with my PS2? I have nothing else but HDLoader. Will I be able to use Winhiip to install the image?

JNABK
06-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Yes, thats an older tut i made, but its just the basics and doesnt include options created after version 3.50

You do have uLaunchelf also, thats what boots HDL into loading. When you first boot up the console, just after the white flash is seen, press down button on the screen that you see and this will stop the autoloading of HDL, you can then use uLaunchelf.

If you have a usb thumb drive, you dont need to burn (waste) any CDs. uLaunchelf has a copy and paste feature that allows you to put files on a usb drive and copy them right to the MC or HDD.

Yes you can use winhiip to install ps2 game images to the hdd, theres a tutorial for that too.

Eros
06-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Well, I was thinking of using a CD-RW or DVD-RW since I already made the image.bin. So let me see if I understand correctly what you said: Since I have HDLoader that means that I already have the uLauncherELF. When the HDloader is being loaded, at the moment the screen flashes I should press down and I will be able to use the CD-RW/DVD-RW to install HDL on my hard drive?

Eros
06-17-2007, 09:46 AM
So if I understand corretly, I just have to press down after the white flash and I'll be able to use the CD-RW/DVD-RW/USB pen to install uLaunchELF/HDL on to my hard drive?

Sorry if I'm asking alot I just don't really understand these PS2 stuff.

Eros
06-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Hmmm.. I'm confused here. Let's start from the beginning. Let me break this down so that I don't confuse you guys with what I'm trying to say.
-I know how to make the uLauncherELF from the tutorial and already have one on a CD-RW.

You can use your retail hdl to install the exploit. from there you can use uLaunchELF to copy a patch version of HDL on to a partition on your hard drive and use uLE to launch it from there.

From that I understand that I need to make a partition on my HDD to install a patched version of HDL on it using uLauncherELF.

I have the retail HDL with MC exploit with me. What else would I need in order to make a partition on my HDD and install a patched version of HDL on my HDD?

sory if I'm irritating you guys. I just can't really grasp some concept and all the tutorial I have looked at are the exact same one from this website so some of my questions are still unanswered.

Thanks for any help.

djinc
06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
ok so you dont want to use your lens, you have the mc exploit and ulaunchELF am i right???

to make a partition in your hdd to hold your files (including ELFs mp3s and movies) on the main screen when ule launches go to "file browser" and then go to "misc" and there should be a list one of them will be about the HDD just go in there and you will see a list of your HDL games and a little menu on the top right corner go to that menu and select "create" choose the size and ule will make it...

now go back to "file browser" and go to "hdd0:" and you will see your partition copy your new hdl 0.8b and put it in there now you can launch it from the hdd

also in the "configure" menu you can add it to the main menu list for when ule boots

JNABK
06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
So if I understand corretly, I just have to press down after the white flash and I'll be able to use the CD-RW/DVD-RW/USB pen to install uLaunchELF/HDL on to my hard drive?

Sorry if I'm asking alot I just don't really understand these PS2 stuff.

No, what im saying is you ALREADY have an exploit installed. When you bought HDL you got a PSX trigger disc and an MC with an exploit already installed, thats why they gave you the MC.
But to access the already installed uLaunchelf, press the down key (or any key) to stop the default loading of HDLoader. You should now be seeing the uLaunchelf menu.

What i was saying is you dont need to burn any disc to add/change files in your already made exploit. Once you are in the uLaunchelf's menu, you can refer to that tutorial to learn how to use it to copy a updated HDL and uLaunchelf to the MC from a USB Stick , instead of burning a new exploit and wasting a disc just for a few files.

All you have to do is copy the BOOT.ELF from the uLaunchelf .rar and a HDL for GOW2 (if you want) but hdl they gave you is hdlv0.8b already, so you dont really need to update it if you dont want to.

Copy these files to your USB Pen/stick and then put the usb in the ps2 and run ulaunchelf. You use FileBrowser to copy from mass: to mc0: (or mc1: for the MC in slot 2)