View Full Version : Free McBoot 1.6

JNABK
08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Free McBoot is a method of running homebrew applications directly off a Memory Card as a stand alone loader. No boot discs or modchips are required once installed.

http://www.sksapps.com/tmp/sony_menu.JPG

You can install it on official 8MB Sony MC's as well as 3rd party cards

Version 1.6

Usage :
Please read Free MCBoot Installer Tutorial (http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/FMCB_install_guide.html), a copy is included in the release package.

Special Thanks to all involved in programming & tests :
Neme, suloku, JNABK, TnA, g.t.o, psychomantis (and all others not
mentionned here).

Technical Details :

Installer side :

- Added Splash screen
- FMCB-CNF folder back to SYS-CONF folder.
- BOOT, SYS-CONF, B?EXEC-SYSTEM folder icons are no longer overwritten.
- Added Suloku's FMCB configurator in package

Loader side :

- Added Splash screen
- Added configurable Elf launch from osdsys
- Externalized loading of usb modules from SYS-CONF folder (USBD.IRX and
USBHDFSD.IRX)
- 10 configurable items for hacked osdsys.

Coming Soon :

- Skip Disc Boot will be working when enabled
- Direct ESR Launch when DVDV is inserted.

Corebore13
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
i used it, and it works perfectly, i saw no bugs, except for the going to the memory card browser at boot, id rather have it go to the screen that you have in the image at startup

Bootlegninja
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey JNABK, you may want to check the front page. look like some lines of code got messed up some how.

JNABK
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM
i used it, and it works perfectly, i saw no bugs, except for the going to the memory card browser at boot, id rather have it go to the screen that you have in the image at startup

The tutorial explains how to change that in the OSD Hack part of the Configurator section. :)

Bootleg:

yea, i seen it, but dont know what sks or the server techs have done, so i dont want to risk making it worse by messing with it. Im sure they will fix it soon.

Bootlegninja
08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
cool.

Dastan
08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Very good! This is remarcable progress! Great job guys!

AMD
08-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Great, my uLE problem isn't existent anymore! That OSDSYS hack is just amazing! Almost no need to use uLE. Think they can hack ATAD.IRX for things like HD Utility, or does that have no relation to this?

JNABK
08-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Think they can hack ATAD.IRX for things like HD Utility, or does that have no relation to this?

That has no relation to Free Mcboot at all, Free McBoot is only a homebrew launcher, like the PS1 Exploit is....but it doesnt need any discs to boot it. :)

It has much more to it than simple booting, such as the OSD Hack, the Configurator and the ESR app made specially to run in Free McBoot to elimiate the need for disc swapping. :D

AMD
08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I'll let go that I'll never be able to use HD Utility. Not cause I want to have it (pretty featureless) but I like to try anything of interest to me.

SKSApps
08-13-2008, 11:32 PM
nice thinking about the forum jnabk :)

Ya0
08-14-2008, 11:28 AM
i will try and i?ll put comments here later, bye, and thnks for that it is amazing

JNABK
08-14-2008, 12:46 PM
nice thinking about the forum jnabk :)

I try where ever possible....:p

Corebore13
08-16-2008, 04:22 PM
The tutorial explains how to change that in the OSD Hack part of the Configurator section. :)

Bootleg:

yea, i seen it, but dont know what sks or the server techs have done, so i dont want to risk making it worse by messing with it. Im sure they will fix it soon.

yeah i got it the way i want it now, thank you

rodogg
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
you guys are fucking amazing. here i was relying on Ulaunch to access HD loader when i could get it from the main ps2 menu. i fucking love you guys!!!!

thanks for the file and the tut, you guys are simply amazing!!!

Nichademus
08-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Just curious where do the cool Free McBoot skins go? Will they preinstall/configure from one of the folders in the FMCB 1.6 installer package? or is that an option after the fact? I'm currently running v1.5 and really want to give this version a go.

p.s.- to JKNAB... might I ask... whose exquisite derierre does your avatar belong?! ;) now that's amazing! %-)

rodogg
08-17-2008, 04:46 PM
hey guys, i may have done something wrong. when i start the ps2, it goes directly to the memory card then i have have to go back to the menu to make a selection. is this normal or a mistake on my part?

dlanor
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM
hey guys, i may have done something wrong. when i start the psp, it goes directly to the memory card then i have have to go back to the menu to make a selection. is this normal or a mistake on my part?
Wow, so you managed to install FMCB on a PSP! That's amazing, since it was designed for the PS2... :D

Seriously though, I guess you mistyped that "psp" by accident, right ? ;)

Anyway, with FMCB v1.6 what you describe is the default behaviour, and it is motivated by the fact that anyone booting FMCB with a DVDV disc for ESR in the tray would just get a black screen with the old defaults. But you can easily change this behaviour in the FMCB Configurator, by going into its submenu "Configure OSDSYS options..." and changing the setting "Go to Browser:" to the OFF state. Then back out to the main menu and save the CNF, after which you can use the command "PS2 BRowser (FMCB Restart)" to test that it worked properly.

Best regards: dlanor

JNABK
08-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Just curious where do the cool Free McBoot skins go? Will they preinstall/configure from one of the folders in the FMCB 1.6 installer package? or is that an option after the fact? I'm currently running v1.5 and really want to give this version a go.

p.s.- to JKNAB... might I ask... whose exquisite derierre does your avatar belong?! ;) now that's amazing! %-)

the HDL skin must be inserted using HDL GUI Patching app, you name the out putting file as HDLOADER.ELF and place it in the INSTALL folder.

For SMS and ulE, you apply the skins after the install the same way you would apply them normally. Im pretty sure i put ReadMes to help install them, but i dont think i updated the uLE to its current version, so you will need to re-configure it for those changes, until i find time to update it.:)

As for the AV im using, im not sure where it originated, but it brings back fond memories of an identical one i had spent a lot of time on. :D

killedbyname21
08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
well anyone who is having a problem trying to get the ps2 dvdplayer verion to 4.32U i have found an easier method of how to do it and i didn't even use a computer i used ulanchelf v4.21.

1.make sure you download the BxEXEC-DVDPLAYER folder containing dvdelf.bin
2.copy the dvdelf.bin into the inject folder of the FMCB 1.6
3.After installing FMCB 1.6 normal install copy the osdmain.elf from the BxDATA-SYSTEM folder and copy it to the BxEXEC-DVDPLAYER folder renaming it dvdplayer.elf.
5.copy the BxEXEC-DVDPLAYER with the dvdplayer.elf inside and paste it to your memory card, now depending on what console you have replace the x with your region ex. mine was a so i would put BAEXEC-DVDPLAYER and once you restart your ps2 you will have dvdplayer version 4.32U.

after reading many tutorials online nothing explains how to make the dvd player to 4.32U cause my default is 2.11U but i found out myself on how to make it work so too all noobs out there take this information and use it this was a short tutorial but i just wanted to explain it for people like me who don't understand tutorials that leave out small details.

kirklec88
08-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I can boot from free mcboot but my console doesnt read the burnt disc backup.
Here, I have a
SCPH-30001 U
DVD ver 1.20U

P/s : I have tried the swap magic installation method but freezed, so I boot with swap magic and using ZangtsuZero's uLaunch to install free mcboot. Does this affect at all?

mirage123
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi, I have successfully installed Free MCboot 1.6 on my MC, not without some trial and error. One strange problem I faced:
1) I put FREE_MCBOOT.ELF on the USB root directory but AR Max Evo and FCEUlta cannot see it until I renamed it to freemcboot.elf. AR Max Evo can see FCEUltra.elf in the USB root directory though. Any reasons?

2) Now, after installation(I used default FREEMCB.CNF generated), I cannot see any apps in the Sony main menu other than Browser,System Configuration and Free MCBoot Config. Of course, I did not put any ELFs in the INSTALL directory. My apps are in the BOOT directory of the USB drive. My intention is to run apps off the USB drive. I've checked FREEMCB.CNF and it states mass:\BOOT in E1 launch keys and OSDSYS items(The apps are listed here). So what did I do wrongly?

3) Lastly, how do I launch the apps using R1, R2, L1, L2, etc? when do I need to press the buttons? There is no Launch Free MCboot option in the menu. I have read through the official tutorials but it's of no help. Please help. Thanks.

Bootlegninja
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
they are not in the menu because you didn't place them where the application could install them. I do suggest that you download and place uLaunchELF's BOOT.ELF in the INSTALL folder and reinstall FMCB. this way you have a program that will at least allow you to copy files to and from the USB stick on a whim without needing to reinstall FMCB.

killedbyname21
08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi, I have successfully installed Free MCboot 1.6 on my MC, not without some trial and error. One strange problem I faced:
1) I put FREE_MCBOOT.ELF on the USB root directory but AR Max Evo and FCEUlta cannot see it until I renamed it to freemcboot.elf. AR Max Evo can see FCEUltra.elf in the USB root directory though. Any reasons?

Well i ran into this problem myself just keep skipping to the next app it should pick up. now if you have multiple folders like i have and apps inside you might just need to have the apps u want to be seen in the root directory of your usb without folders.

2) Now, after installation(I used default FREEMCB.CNF generated), I cannot see any apps in the Sony main menu other than Browser,System Configuration and Free MCBoot Config. Of course, I did not put any ELFs in the INSTALL directory. My apps are in the BOOT directory of the USB drive. My intention is to run apps off the USB drive. I've checked FREEMCB.CNF and it states mass:\BOOT in E1 launch keys and OSDSYS items(The apps are listed here). So what did I do wrongly?

in the usb you still should of put the apps in the apps folder located in the install folder but by default it installs the apps into your memory card. if you want to run apps from your usb the when you go to configure them select them where they are located in your usb for the button you want to hold to launch.

3) Lastly, how do I launch the apps using R1, R2, L1, L2, etc? when do I need to press the buttons? There is no Launch Free MCboot option in the menu. I have read through the official tutorials but it's of no help. Please help. Thanks.

well when the ps2 turns on for whatever app you have set for the button you hold then when the red light on your controller lights up hold the button, i seen it only work on the dual shock 2 controllers, just keep holding untill your app runs usually takes 1 to 2 min. i hope the info i had used helps you a lot. :cool:

JNABK
08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
1) I put FREE_MCBOOT.ELF on the USB root directory but AR Max Evo and FCEUlta cannot see it until I renamed it to freemcboot.elf. AR Max Evo can see FCEUltra.elf in the USB root directory though. Any reasons? Its a funny app, armax....it seems to read some files, while ignoring others, until renamed or on a different USB stick. Thats why i put the different ways to use it as all those worked for me in tests. :)

2) Now, after installation(I used default FREEMCB.CNF generated), I cannot see any apps in the Sony main menu other than Browser,System Configuration and Free MCBoot Config. Of course, I did not put any ELFs in the INSTALL directory. My apps are in the BOOT directory of the USB drive. My intention is to run apps off the USB drive. I've checked FREEMCB.CNF and it states mass:\BOOT in E1 launch keys and OSDSYS items(The apps are listed here). So what did I do wrongly? Make sure the folder/file names are all in CAPS, its a case sensitive app.

3) There is no Launch Free MCboot option in the menu. I have read through the official tutorials but it's of no help. Please help. Thanks.
That was only in the 1.5 version , kind of as a "look what it can do" thing, but has since been made a working part of Free McBoot, so its not there as a default selections anymore, only what you see in the News post image.

You can change what it says in the menu for each app and also change where it boots from. check out the online guide (http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/FMCB_install_guide.html)

mirage123
08-18-2008, 11:08 PM
they are not in the menu because you didn't place them where the application could install them. I do suggest that you download and place uLaunchELF's BOOT.ELF in the INSTALL folder and reinstall FMCB. this way you have a program that will at least allow you to copy files to and from the USB stick on a whim without needing to reinstall FMCB.

Does this mean that in order for the apps to show in the menu, they have to be installed to mc?:\BOOT in the MC? What I want is to have the apps in the USB stick and they can be triggered from the Sony main menu.

mirage123
08-18-2008, 11:18 PM
well when the ps2 turns on for whatever app you have set for the button you hold then when the red light on your controller lights up hold the button, i seen it only work on the dual shock 2 controllers, just keep holding untill your app runs usually takes 1 to 2 min. i hope the info i had used helps you a lot. :cool:

This is what happened:
1) turn on ps2
2) mcboot splash screen shows
3) controller red light turns on
4) press "L1" and hold on (L1 supposed to launch HDLoader in USB stick)
5) controller red light offs after a few seconds and Hacked OSDSYS displays, as always

i.e nothing happened. Mine is a dual shock 2 controller, FREEMCB.CNF checked, L1 mapped to mass:\BOOT\HDLOADER.ELF, USB stick checked, file in right location. So something wrong with my config? I'll tweak the settings to test further when I'm back home. Thanks for the info!

mirage123
08-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Make sure the folder/file names are all in CAPS, its a case sensitive app.

The names mapped in FREEMCB.CNF and the USB stick are all in caps. That's why I'm not sure what went wrong. Everything was done as stated in the tutorial except that I did not install the apps to the MC but rather let them stay in the USB stick under BOOT. And the files point to mass:/ instead of mc?:/ So what could have went wrong? I'll post after I've done more testing.

mirage123
08-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the help. it's a USB stick issue afterall :o

tryp
08-20-2008, 03:35 AM
heh.. when I first got the thought in my head that I was going to my PS2, this is almost what I imagined it would look like..Awesome job guys..Just wish I knew how to program, I'd contribute and add a few things of my own, like being able to use a video as a background (instead of the PS2 browser ring thing, but I don't even know if that's possible.)

Anyway, awesome job guys, thanks a lot, if it wasn't for guys like you, none of this would be possible (obviously)

surrealbliss
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
ok... for some reason i can get this to work part of the time... but only after piggy backing off the old independence exploit...

Let me explain:
Before trying to use FMCB I was using the old independence exploit to take me to uLE... I recently used a new memory card to install FMCB onto. When I boot the PS2 I get the splash screen and then it loads to the PS2 OSD...

This is not the hacked osd though...

From here I go to the ps2 browser and click on my PS1 disk to make the other exploit kick in (its memory card is in slot 2).. I get to uLE and I run "PS2Disk" which then tells me that it is loading System.cnf and will eventually fail because the disk in the tray is the ps1 disk.

After this I select "PS2Browser" at which point it reloads FMCB and the hacked osd works fine. I dont get it... Why wont the hacked OSD display all the time? is that how it should work and im just confused? any ideas from anyone what I could try to do to make this work?

Well... thanks in advance for any answers i receive.. and while i wait for them im off to read this installer tutorial AGAIN... maybe ill see something i missed the first 10 times ive read it.

-= )

S3pHiroTh
08-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I have a question: if I try to install this program with a modchipped PS2, can I use this memory card with another PS2?
Thank you

JNABK
08-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Yes, as long as it is from the same region.
If it is the exact same version as the one its installed from, then a Normal Install will work. If the consoles are different versions, then install the Multi-Version.

JNABK
08-21-2008, 03:12 PM
ok... for some reason i can get this to work part of the time... but only after piggy backing off the old independence exploit...

Let me explain:
Before trying to use FMCB I was using the old independence exploit to take me to uLE... I recently used a new memory card to install FMCB onto. When I boot the PS2 I get the splash screen and then it loads to the PS2 OSD...

This is not the hacked osd though...

From here I go to the ps2 browser and click on my PS1 disk to make the other exploit kick in (its memory card is in slot 2).. I get to uLE and I run "PS2Disk" which then tells me that it is loading System.cnf and will eventually fail because the disk in the tray is the ps1 disk.

After this I select "PS2Browser" at which point it reloads FMCB and the hacked osd works fine. I dont get it... Why wont the hacked OSD display all the time? is that how it should work and im just confused? any ideas from anyone what I could try to do to make this work?

Well... thanks in advance for any answers i receive.. and while i wait for them im off to read this installer tutorial AGAIN... maybe ill see something i missed the first 10 times ive read it.

-= )

Well im not sure of what it is your doing, but it sounds like you have a PS1 exploit and Free McBoot attempting to run at the same time by having both in the PS2 and booting with a PS1 disc in the tray. If yes, then try without the PS1 Exploit or PS1 disc in the console.

OR

You installed Free McBoot to a different MC and run it without the PS1 exploit MC and without the PS1 disc in, but it doesnt work....but if you put the PS1 Exploit and a PS1 disc, boot uLaunchelf, then MISC/PS2Browser, it works then? This would seem more like a loose MC in the slot.

Give a little more detail on your exact proccess so we can isolate the cause a bit better.

amir_s_m
08-22-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey,great job guys.but I can't run SMS ver2.8rev5 from MC,I can run it from usb though,so what the problem is??I did all things as stated in online tutorial.bye the way my ps2 can't run USBADVANCE at all(from cd,usb,ulaunch...).it's a slim moded one.

killedbyname21
08-22-2008, 08:09 AM
well did u put the sms in apps folder on your memory card and did you configure your FMCB 1.6 properly? when you go to install FMCB 1.6 make sure all your files are in the proper place for them to run. for you having a slim i reccomend you just getting a fat ps2 it works 100% the new slims like the silver one or the new white one might not be compatilble. All in All just get a fat ps2 and an internal hdd with a network adapter.

JNABK
08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey,great job guys.but I can't run SMS ver2.8rev5 from MC,I can run it from usb though,so what the problem is??I did all things as stated in online tutorial.bye the way my ps2 can't run USBADVANCE at all(from cd,usb,ulaunch...).it's a slim moded one.

Here are the default locations and the correct filenames:

name_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = Simple Media System
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = mass:/BOOT/SMS.ELF
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = mc?:/BOOT/SMS.ELF
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = mc?:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/SMS.ELF

You must be sure the extensions are in caps if using the default CNF, otherwise re-assign it to use the file name you have.

As for the USB Advance, try booting it with uLaunchELF instead of Free McBoot, see if that works. If it does, then it might be an incompatibility with FMCB, if it dont, then it might be a corrupt download .

amir_s_m
08-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Here are the default locations and the correct filenames:

path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = mass:/BOOT/SMS.ELF
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = mc?:/BOOT/SMS.ELF
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = mc?:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/SMS.ELF

You must be sure the extensions are in caps if using the default CNF, otherwise re-assign it to use the file name you have.

As for the USB Advance, try booting it with uLaunchELF instead of Free McBoot, see if that works. If it does, then it might be an incompatibility with FMCB, if it dont, then it might be a corrupt download .

I can't run SMS ver2.8rev5 from MC,but it is running from usb (I checked with both freemcboot and ulaunchelf,non of them workd),double checked everything,everything looks like as it should.I did all things as stated in the online tutorial.bye the way my ps2 can't run USBADVANCE at all(I checked with cd,usb,uLaunchELF...the same cd runs flawless on another newer version slim ps2).

Eddie12390
08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Whenever I try to install, It does everything up to "Writing osd file" which for some reason has an error. Then it says "Free McBoot installer error".

Nichademus
08-22-2008, 07:36 PM
For those that haven't tried FMCB 1.6 w/ Memor32. It works by simply re-formatting the card via the FMCB interface option and then installing it as you would on a normal 8mb card.
However, I still have yet to try the other functional 'normal' aspects of the memor32 after it's install. I did google FMCB 1.6 installer & Memor32 and there was nothing. If anyone has tried the 'normal' aspects of the card (memor32 after FMCB 1.6 install, please enlighten me if there is anything special to know). In a nutshell, it's nice to have 32mb's of save space AND FMCB!

FMCB is the Sh!t... thanks to all developers and ffgriever for ESR!

@JKNAB... in response to your avatar... I am still in awe. I spend many a moment just in amazement that such a gluteous minimus (A&P says that it is in fact the minimus & not the maximus!;)) exists! My fiance' is close, albeit aged... but WoW! that takes the cake. I see it on other sites and it's starting to haunt me!!! :eek:

JNABK
08-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Whenever I try to install, It does everything up to "Writing osd file" which for some reason has an error. Then it says "Free McBoot installer error".

There could be a variety of reasons for that:

MC doesnt have enough space
MC has corrupt data and a format is needed
MC is a chineese clone or other inferior 3rd party MC
MC has a previous Multi-Version installed and must be uninstalled first

I would recommend backing up anything on the MC if you can and format it, then try the installation again.

JNABK
08-22-2008, 08:47 PM
However, I still have yet to try the other functional 'normal' aspects of the memor32 after it's install. I did google FMCB 1.6 installer & Memor32 and there was nothing. I wouldnt try mixing the 2 on the same card, FMCB has surpassed Memor32/Memento abilities and i believe it would only cause bugs and prevent FMCB from properly working.

@JNABK... in response to your avatar... I am still in awe. I spend many a moment just in amazement that such a gluteous minimus (A&P says that it is in fact the minimus & not the maximus!;)) exists! My fiance' is close, albeit aged... but WoW! that takes the cake. I see it on other sites and it's starting to haunt me!!! :eek:
lol.......me too, thats why i still have it......god i love dat azz!!:D

My 'ole lady's aint far from it either, so you know i go tearing it up a lot.;)

Eddie12390
08-22-2008, 08:50 PM
There could be a variety of reasons for that:

MC doesnt have enough space
MC has corrupt data and a format is needed
MC is a chineese clone or other inferior 3rd party MC
MC has a previous Multi-Version installed and must be uninstalled first

I would recommend backing up anything on the MC if you can and format it, then try the installation again.

I currently have nyko 8mb card. Im going to try formatting the card, but the only problem is I have the Independence Exploit currently on it. Could this be the reason?

JNABK
08-22-2008, 08:59 PM
The independence Exploit shouldnt interfer with it at all, as long as you dont try booting with a PS1 disc with Free McBoot installed, but check you have enough space to install FMCB.

Eddie12390
08-22-2008, 10:26 PM
The independence Exploit shouldnt interfer with it at all, as long as you dont try booting with a PS1 disc with Free McBoot installed, but check you have enough space to install FMCB.

Ok, is it possible to format the card in uLaunchElf, or would formatting it from there screw up uLaunchElf since i have uLaunchElf on my memory card:confused:

kevsmif80
08-23-2008, 07:55 AM
I currently have the FMCB installed and I also installed a SNES, NES, and Sega emulator in the App file as well. My question is how do I go about booting these games from the USB stick? I have done nothing besides the FMCB Install Tutorial and it finished. Do i need to patch the SNES, NES games? If so what patcher? Do i need to add another App to allow access to the USB? When I go to the emulator SNES it pops up and i click on the USB folder but it just sits there and nothing ever happens. I also noticed in the Sega emulator it actually finally showed the files on my usb but when I clicked on the game it gave me a warning something went wrong. Basically is there a tutorial or could you tell me how to play these games from my USB drive thru the emulators i loaded with FCMB?

thanks

Eddie12390
08-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I currently have a little less then 1.8 megabytes free.

JNABK
08-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok, is it possible to format the card in uLaunchElf, or would formatting it from there screw up uLaunchElf since i have uLaunchElf on my memory card:confused:

The Free McBoot installer has a format option {press SELECT, then triangle}, once its done, you can install.

JNABK
08-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I currently have the FMCB installed and I also installed a SNES, NES, and Sega emulator in the App file as well. My question is how do I go about booting these games from the USB stick? Theres a tutorial that came with the release of 1.6 and in there it guides you thru what each thing does, so you assign an app to the USB stick using the configurator. You simply press X or O {whatever you picked as OK} and your tsken to a Filebrowser where you choose the device and file to assign. Its that easy.

I have done nothing besides the FMCB Install Tutorial and it finished. Do i need to patch the SNES, NES games?not to run with Free McBoot you dont, it simply boots the Emulator, it has nothing to do with playing the games.

Do i need to add another App to allow access to the USB? nope, as long as you allowed the installer to install the USB drivers to the SYS-CONF folder, it should be able to access a USB device.

When I go to the emulator SNES it pops up and i click on the USB folder but it just sits there and nothing ever happens. I also noticed in the Sega emulator it actually finally showed the files on my usb but when I clicked on the game it gave me a warning something went wrong. Im going to take a guess and say your not using USB compatible Emulators. Check our Emulator section on the homepage, under PS2 Apps. :)

Basically is there a tutorial or could you tell me how to play these games from my USB drive thru the emulators i loaded with FCMB?

thanksThere is a Emulator guide also on the homepage in the Tutorials section, under PS2 Apps. :)

Eddie12390
08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
I formatted my mem card and installed multi version and it worked perfect. Thanks a bunch! (thats the one i need to use it on both my slim and phat ps2 right?

JNABK
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Yep. ;)

lawyer
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
i'm lunchin uLE by mcBoot 1.6 and if disk control set "On" in uLE's configure,it stop bootin any ElF and is not note "loaded config ..." May be is that some bug?

JNABK
08-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Disc control ON/OFF only stops the disc from continuing to spin once uLaunchELF has booted. This shouldnt affect its ability to run any ELF files, unless they are on the disc and your trying to boot them.

I dont understand what you mean by:
is not note "loaded config ..."

kevsmif80
08-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok I have Free MC Boot installed and I can get it to launch just sometimes I have to reset my PS2 a couple of times for the Free McBoot Icon pops up. (Not Sure Why) I am able to use ULuanch to explore the files & I am able to access SMS so I am pretty sure I have done everything correct. I took my sons game Ratchet & Clank and followed the exact steps as giving here: sksapps.com/index.php?page=dvddecrypter.html I even then patched the ISO file before burning with ESR patcher. When I select ESR from Mcbboot screen and load the game nothing happens. The ESR logo comes up and then a black screen but nothing ever happens. Doesnt even tell me there is an error just a black screen.

lawyer
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
oh,if i settin ule's config and press "ok" then on the top of the screen must show up note "Saved config (mc0:...)"and when i'm bootin uLe -"loaded config".When i'm settin disk control "ON" and press OK on the top of the screen i see NO DISK(saved config is gone).When i'm bootin i see the same. I'm choosin ANY elf, then... black screen.Thats all.If disk control off, everything is fine , i'd check it out.Pardon me for my english,i don't have enough practice

hey, JNABK,explain me please.i'm lunchin uLE from CD and bootin pgen or infones. i choose "save state" and it takes 2-3 seconds If i'm bootin uLE by mcboot1.6 and the same saving takes just about 5 minutes!!!Great! Why this happens, and can i fix it somehow? Plz

Tadream
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
It must have been said numerous times but thanks for the free mcboot!
It works wonderful here.
My fat PS2 was never modded and I didn't had swapmagic until today (I had to get free mcboot on my mc somehow) and had almost no problems at all, apart from a Kingston usb stick not being read by swapmagic. Luckily I had an old creative mp3 64mb stick (fat) and that works perfect.
I've put some games on HD and started with L1 pressed and HDLoader starts. Playing games from HD is so much faster, plus saves the CDs/DVDs (have 2 kids who like to play too).
Nothing new for most of you, just a happy mcbooter.

dlanor
08-26-2008, 07:18 PM
oh,if i settin ule's config and press "ok" then on the top of the screen must show up note "Saved config (mc0:...)"and when i'm bootin uLe -"loaded config".
Those are not quite the messages shown, though the principle is the same.
What I really don't understand is why/if you regard those messages as a problem ?

When i'm settin disk control "ON" and press OK on the top of the screen i see NO DISK
Well, if you have no disc inserted, what did you expect ?
Disc control "ON" means that uLE should check the discs inserted (mainly to stop the disc reading and thus save the laser), and when the check is complete the result is displayed.

(saved config is gone)
No. The config is not gone. Only the message about it is gone.
That message line is intended for temporary status messages, so once a new one is to be displayed it naturally replaces the old one. But your config remains in the usual file.

When i'm bootin i see the same. I'm choosin ANY elf, then... black screen.Thats all.If disk control off, everything is fine , i'd check it out.
It is clear from the above that you are running uLE with empty disc tray, in which case you should always have disc control "OFF". Having the wrong setting is what is causing your problems. Those problems differ between different console models, but the generic rules to avoid problems is that you should use disc control "ON" if you always have a disc in tray, and disc control "OFF" if you have no disc in tray when running uLE.

JNABK
08-26-2008, 08:39 PM
It is clear from the above that you are running uLE with empty disc tray, in which case you should always have disc control "OFF". Having the wrong setting is what is causing your problems. Those problems differ between different console models, but the generic rules to avoid problems is that you should use disc control "ON" if you always have a disc in tray, and disc control "OFF" if you have no disc in tray when running uLE.

I didnt realize that happened, i guess i got all the 'lucky consoles' :D, all work fine with or without a disc in the tray with disc control ON. :p

I learn something new everyday! :)

Bootlegninja
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I must be lucky as well since I've never had any issue with not having a disc in the tray with disc control on with any version system I've dealt with so far.

kevsmif80
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
i am slowly learning! i went back thru the tutorial and seems I have done everything correct but i noticed something when I did a reinstall it had all the items listed like the USB and things like that which when I tested the NES.elf it worked and the other emulators seemed to get further before locking up. My question is I beleive I have a knockoff Memory Card. I bought it for like $10 for a 64mb card on ebay. Is this whats giving me such a hard time with emulators and ESR? everything seems to install perfect just for some reason the sega and SNES emulators lock up and the ESR logo appears but stays at a black screen after words. I never receive a bad disk error message or nothing just a blank screen. I am just tring to figure out what i am doing wrong if anything.

kevsmif80
08-26-2008, 10:41 PM
And also my dvd version stays at 1.3 aint it suppose to be 4.32? what would cause that?

Problem Solved: Just in case others have a PS2 version 30001 and cant get the ESR to load a game its because you have to change the Booktype to DVD-Rom in the software your using to burn the image backup. I was able to test the same Memory Card and DVD on a slim and worked perfectly. Just a little info to any Noobs like myself having problems

crypysmoker
08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
i am slowly learning! i went back thru the tutorial and seems I have done everything correct but i noticed something when I did a reinstall it had all the items listed like the USB and things like that which when I tested the NES.elf it worked and the other emulators seemed to get further before locking up. My question is I beleive I have a knockoff Memory Card. I bought it for like $10 for a 64mb card on ebay. Is this whats giving me such a hard time with emulators and ESR? everything seems to install perfect just for some reason the sega and SNES emulators lock up and the ESR logo appears but stays at a black screen after words. I never receive a bad disk error message or nothing just a blank screen. I am just tring to figure out what i am doing wrong if anything.
As said before Do you have the correct emulators?

And also, have you patched any of your discs to be used with ESR?
They will not get past the black screen if they are not patched or burned properly

killedbyname21
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
here's a little info.

1. did you have the dvdelf.bin and did u install it when you installed FMCB 1.6?
2. if u did take the osdsys.elf from the main folder on your FMCB and copy it to your BxDATAEXEC-DVDPLAYER folder and rename it DVDPLAYER.ELF.
3 when you leave your memory card out it will say 1.33U and when u put your memory card in it will say 4.33U o and 0n the BxDATA-EXEC folder replace the X with the reagon console you have like mine is BADATA-EXEC DVDPLAYER.

I hope this helps you out a little.

Eddie12390
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
For some reason, every time I update my config, the changes disappear

JNABK
08-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Are you selecting to save it to mc0: or mc1: before returning?

If you are, then look at the top of the frame to see if it says: Saved to mc?:/SYS-CONF/FREEMCB.CNF before returning to the Loader or Free McBoot restart. It might take a few more seconds if your using a 32MB or 64MB MC.

senorinu
09-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the program, it's one of the greatest items to come out in the ps2 homebrew scene for a while!

BigTinz
09-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Can this run any version of HD loader? And what is ESR...the mc boot page doesnt link to anything...

JNABK
09-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Ye HDL works fine....depending on the patches, some might not run properly, same as with different consoles and modchips.

All about ESR:
ESR - public beta - SKSApps.com - Console Apps - Gaming (http://forums.sksapps.com/showthread.php?t=7212)

and the latest release :
ESR public beta, revision 9b - SKSApps.com - Console Apps - Gaming (http://forums.sksapps.com/showthread.php?t=7758)

mrmrsmiley
09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey Folks,

My first post, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to install free Mcboot 1.6

I have 2 PS2 one phat borrowed and one slim. I want to use the phat to install Free Mcboot onto the mc (PS2 8 mb legit) and then use Free Mcboot on my slim to play discs from the UK.

The phat is a SCPH-30001, I have AR MAX non EVO edition and have followed the instructions to the letter, doesn't seem that complicated, but I cannot get it to start UlaunchELF when I inset my ps2 game.

I used a compatible USB key in the FAT format which I believe is correct.

The PSX game is Crash bandicoot SCUS_941.54

I end up with the New_File on the MC, but the trigger disc will not flash the screen white and launch UlaunchELF

I've repeated a few times and cannot figure out what I may be doing wrong, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks, awesome forum.

Smiley

JNABK
09-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I have 2 PS2 one phat borrowed and one slim. I want to use the phat to install Free Mcboot onto the mc (PS2 8 mb legit) and then use Free Mcboot on my slim to play discs from the UK. Is the slim also a NTSC console, or is it a PAL console? If it is a PAL, you wont be able to use the same Free McBoot installed MC from the NTSC 'phat' console

The phat is a SCPH-30001, I have AR MAX non EVO edition and have followed the instructions to the letter, doesn't seem that complicated, but I cannot get it to start UlaunchELF when I inset my ps2 game.

I used a compatible USB key in the FAT format which I believe is correct.

The PSX game is Crash bandicoot SCUS_941.54

I end up with the New_File on the MC, but the trigger disc will not flash the screen white and launch UlaunchELF

I've repeated a few times and cannot figure out what I may be doing wrong, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks, awesome forum.

Smiley

Try re-naming the ROOT/ID while in PS2SaveBuilder to BADATA-SYSTEM , then save again and uncrush after deleting the New_File you installed before. The filename of New_File worked for me when i tested, so it should have worked unless your AR max is really old.

If that doesnt work, then try another PS1 disc if you can, but im pretty sure that Crash bandicoot SCUS_941.54 works, so double check the TITLE.DB that it has SCUS_941.54 in the list.

BladeDreams
09-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I didnt realize that happened, i guess i got all the 'lucky consoles' :D, all work fine with or without a disc in the tray with disc control ON. :p

I learn something new everyday! :)
I must be lucky as well since I've never had any issue with not having a disc in the tray with disc control on with any version system I've dealt with so far.

:huh:
I must be one of the 'un-lucky- ones then.....

I have found with disk control 'ON' and no disk in the tray that I also get a black screen. Turn it 'OFF' and everything is fine.

I have a Fat P$2 SCPH-30001R version 5 with MoBo GH-015 and a Duo2 SE Mod Chip

caliFRAGi
09-08-2008, 08:32 AM
hello!
I'm new to all PS2 exploit thing :o.

I've read the tutorial several times, install FMCB many times, but still doesn't work properly :confused:.

problems:
=======
- FMCB configurator not found
- no .elf programs available

situation:
=======
-OK, I've downloaded FMCB 1.6, uLaunchELF v4.25, and HDL V0.8C.
-Put all the .elf on /INSTALL folder
-DVDELF.BIN put on INJECT

so here's what I got:

FREE_MCBOOT.ELF
\INSTALL
---\APPS (empty)
---\FMCB_CFG
--------FMCB_CFG.ELF
--------readme.txt
---\INJECT
--------DVDELF.BIN
--------readme.txt
---\MODULES
--------readme.txt
--------USBD.IRX
--------USBHDFSD.IRX
---BOOT.ELF
---FMCB_CFG.ELF
---HDLOADER.ELF
---readme.txt

I installed it on HDD then run it by using HDLoader 0.8b disc.

I noticed that the installer log are different.
tutorial shows this:
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/install/success.jpg

but mine:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8013/failedkt5.jpg

I press O button but it says:
FMCB configurator is not found

I restart my PS2. FMCB splash screen shows up. then it go directly to MS browser.

please note: this is my first time to use PS2 exploit thing. just know how to run ELF, just heard about uLauncherELF, etc.
I might be good with PSP but I'm soo n00b with PS2. %-)
so please help me.

thanks!

Eddie12390
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
When ever I boot ESR it shows the boot screen (with the website etc.) and then goes black and stays that way...

Any help?

mrmrsmiley
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks JNABK,

I'm going to try it now and I will let you know the outcome either way, both ps2's are NTSC by the way.

Post back shortly with success hopefully :)

Smiley

Changed the named to BADATA-SYSTEM as you suggested and it worked :)

Thanks a million, now I'll start to work on the next portion hehe

Thanks again

BladeDreams
09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
caliFRAGi (http://forums.sksapps.com/member.php?u=12457) it looks like it installed.

Hit the 'Triangle' to shut the PS2 off....then remove any USB drives, and restart it....
Should see the Free McBoot screen, then you can configure from there.

JNABK
09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
hello!
I'm new to all PS2 exploit thing :o.

I've read the tutorial several times, install FMCB many times, but still doesn't work properly :confused:.

problems:
=======
- FMCB configurator not found
- no .elf programs available

situation:
=======
-OK, I've downloaded FMCB 1.6, uLaunchELF v4.25, and HDL V0.8C.
-Put all the .elf on /INSTALL folder
-DVDELF.BIN put on INJECT

so here's what I got:

FREE_MCBOOT.ELF
\INSTALL
---\APPS (empty)
---\FMCB_CFG
--------FMCB_CFG.ELF
--------readme.txt
---\INJECT
--------DVDELF.BIN
--------readme.txt
---\MODULES
--------readme.txt
--------USBD.IRX
--------USBHDFSD.IRX
---BOOT.ELF
---FMCB_CFG.ELF
---HDLOADER.ELF
---readme.txtAll this so far is good..:)

I installed it on HDD then run it by using HDLoader 0.8b disc.

I noticed that the installer log are different.
tutorial shows this:

I press O button but it says:
FMCB configurator is not found

I restart my PS2. FMCB splash screen shows up. then it go directly to MS browser.This is because the Installer is programed to copy files from a USB stick, but not from CD. So you will only get the basic install of the Free McBoot program, but no additional files. This will be fixed in the next release package.

please note: this is my first time to use PS2 exploit thing. just know how to run ELF, just heard about uLauncherELF, etc.
I might be good with PSP but I'm soo n00b with PS2. %-)
so please help me.

thanks!If you have a PSP, you might be able to use it as a USB device. Try putting the Install folder on it and try the install again and see if it will install those extra files.

mrmrsmiley
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey Folks,

I successfully got free mcboot installed onto the mc.

I've been readin my brains out, whatevers left :)

Can someone point me in the right direction to play a UK disc backup. Do I patch the iso and burn and then use ESR?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help so far. :)

Smiley

caliFRAGi
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
This is because the Installer is programed to copy files from a USB stick, but not from CD. So you will only get the basic install of the Free McBoot program, but no additional files. This will be fixed in the next release package.

I see.....

so, where can I found tutorial: how to run ELF from USB stick? :p

JNABK
09-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I see.....

so, where can I found tutorial: how to run ELF from USB stick? :p

how to run ELF from USB stick (http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/) :D

sekosonh
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Help...I install Free McBoot1.6 succesfull.I setting get Snes Station from USB in Menu list.When open it title can boot but freeze when exit setting in Snes config. menu. And can't boot any ELF CD.

JNABK
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
SNES doesnt have any option to boot an ELF from a CD or any device.

mrmrsmiley
09-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey Folks,

Just curious, can you play import games using ESR?

Let me know when you get a few.

Thanks Smiley

caliFRAGi
09-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Installed successfuly!
it's working now!
I don't have to buy modchip anymore :D

thanks a lot!

slaphappygamer
09-12-2008, 06:43 AM
this app is great. i like the fact that you can boot you apps right from the original osd. im trying to get ulaunchelf to autoboot properly. i changed the auto e1 launch key to boot "mc0/boot/boot.elf" and it boots into ulaunchelf, but i can not select anything. now, i can boot ulaunchelf from the hacked osd and it runs great i can select items. there is a confilct with ulaunchelf autobooting from mcboot, but i dont know what it could be. my controller works fine, i know that much. also, my ps2 has a dms3 in it. could that be the confilct? has anyone else got ulaunchelf to autoboot successfully? im using version 4.28, by the way.

......and when hdd access gets integrated, ulaunchelf will become closer to being "phased-out".

JNABK
09-12-2008, 10:38 AM
this app is great. i like the fact that you can boot you apps right from the original osd. im trying to get ulaunchelf to autoboot properly. i changed the auto e1 launch key to boot "mc0/boot/boot.elf" and it boots into ulaunchelf, but i can not select anything. now, i can boot ulaunchelf from the hacked osd and it runs great i can select items. there is a confilct with ulaunchelf autobooting from mcboot, but i dont know what it could be. my controller works fine, i know that much. also, my ps2 has a dms3 in it. could that be the confilct? has anyone else got ulaunchelf to autoboot successfully? im using version 4.28, by the way.

......and when hdd access gets integrated, ulaunchelf will become closer to being "phased-out".

I have uLE as my BOOT.ELF as do many, i can auto-boot, run from OSD or press R1 on Free McBoot boot-up and all work fine, uLE also runs everything fine from all those oot processes.

And no, Free McBoot is not designed to phase any app out. Its simply a launcher, uLaunchELF is a Launcher and a file management app with many features as sub-programs built-in. Free McBoot will never become an all-in-one application period.

slaphappygamer
09-12-2008, 04:25 PM
so, it seems that my dms3 chip is the problem. i can autoboot my boot.elf(ulaunchelf), but the controller input will not work. it does, however, work great when booted from the osd. does anybody else, with or without a chip, have this issue?

also, if i change the settings to NOT boot to the browser (boot to sony main menu). my ps2 just cycles free mcboot round and round. it only stops if i hold start, boot to the fmcb config and set "go to browser" on. do you think that may be my chip?

these are my settings-

CNF_version = 1
hacked_OSDSYS = 1
OSDSYS_selected_color = 0x0F,0x7C,0xE0,0x80
OSDSYS_unselected_color = 0x3C,0x3C,0x3C,0x80
OSDSYS_menu_x = 320
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_1 = uLaunchELF
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_1 = mc1:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_1 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_1 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_2 = ExecFTPs
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_2 = emc1:/Apps/EXECFTPS.ELF
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_2 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_2 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_3 = HD Loader
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_3 = mc1:/Apps/HDLOADER.ELF
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_3 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_3 =
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 = mc1:/Apps/SMS Version 2.5 (Rev.2).elf
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_4 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_5 = Free McBoot Configurator
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_5 = mc1:/SYS-CONF/FMCB_CFG.ELF
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_5 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_5 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_6 = Genesis
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_6 = mc1:/Apps/Genesis.ELF
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_6 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_6 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_7 = Super Nintendo
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_7 = mc1:/Apps/Super Nintendo.elf
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_7 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_7 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_8 = HDL Server
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_8 = mc1:/Apps/hdld_svr0.8.5.elf
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_8 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_8 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_9 =
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_9 =
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_9 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_9 =
name_OSDSYS_ITEM_10 =
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_10 =
path2_OSDSYS_ITEM_10 =
path3_OSDSYS_ITEM_10 =
LK_Auto_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Auto_E2 = OSDSYS
LK_Auto_E3 = OSDSYS
LK_Circle_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Circle_E2 =
LK_Circle_E3 =
LK_Cross_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Cross_E2 =
LK_Cross_E3 =
LK_Square_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Square_E2 =
LK_Square_E3 =
LK_Triangle_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Triangle_E2 =
LK_Triangle_E3 =
LK_L1_E1 = mass:/BOOT/HDLOADER.ELF
LK_L1_E2 = mc?:/BOOT/HDLOADER.ELF
LK_L1_E3 = mc?:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/HDLOADER.ELF
LK_R1_E1 = mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
LK_R1_E2 = mc?:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
LK_R1_E3 = mc?:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.ELF
LK_L2_E1 = mass:/BOOT/SMS.ELF
LK_L2_E2 = mc?:/BOOT/SMS.ELF
LK_L2_E3 = mc?:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/SMS.ELF
LK_R2_E1 = mass:/BOOT/ESR.ELF
LK_R2_E2 = mc?:/BOOT/ESR.ELF
LK_R2_E3 = mc?:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/ESR.ELF
LK_L3_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_L3_E2 =
LK_L3_E3 =
LK_R3_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_R3_E2 =
LK_R3_E3 =
LK_Up_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Up_E2 =
LK_Up_E3 =
LK_Down_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Down_E2 =
LK_Down_E3 =
LK_Left_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Left_E2 =
LK_Left_E3 =
LK_Right_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Right_E2 =
LK_Right_E3 =
LK_Start_E1 = mc?:/SYS-CONF/FMCB_CFG.ELF
LK_Start_E2 = OSDSYS
LK_Start_E3 =
LK_Select_E1 = OSDSYS
LK_Select_E2 =
LK_Select_E3 =
OSDSYS_Skip_MC = 1
OSDSYS_Skip_HDD = 1
OSDSYS_Skip_Disc = 1
OSDSYS_Skip_Logo = 1
OSDSYS_Inner_Browser = 1
Debug_Screen = 0
AutoBoot_Disc = 0
pad_delay = 2000

JNABK
09-12-2008, 10:22 PM
so, it seems that my dms3 chip is the problem. i can autoboot my boot.elf(ulaunchelf), but the controller input will not work. it does, however, work great when booted from the osd. does anybody else, with or without a chip, have this issue?

also, if i change the settings to NOT boot to the browser (boot to sony main menu). my ps2 just cycles free mcboot round and round. it only stops if i hold start, boot to the fmcb config and set "go to browser" on. do you think that may be my chip?

You have to disable the chip when using Free McBoot , using both at the same time will cause unwanted reactions that are not bugs, but conflicts with both giving the console instructions on how to respond.

Found a typo in your CNF:

name_OSDSYS_ITEM_2 = ExecFTPs
path1_OSDSYS_ITEM_2 = emc1:/Apps/EXECFTPS.ELF

Since there is no such path, that will not work and you wont be able to run the app. Just remove the "e" and it should be ok.

Also if you write mc?:/ as the location for the folder/file it will search on either MC , instead of just the specified one.

slaphappygamer
09-13-2008, 06:18 AM
ok, i thought the chip was the problem. ill try disabling it. also, thats not a typo. i put the e in there because i didnt want execftps to load, but i still wanted it there in case i wanted to add it again later. thanks for you help.

okiroshinsou
09-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Wait...guys. I don't understand the tutorials at all. I have swap magic so do I just do the stuff that is located in the swap magic thread?
Or do I have to go do the stuff in the Free MCboot installation thread and then do the stuff in the swapmagic thread?

I just end up with the swap magic splash screen and it just gets stuck there. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.

JNABK
09-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Wait...guys. I don't understand the tutorials at all. I have swap magic so do I just do the stuff that is located in the swap magic thread?
Or do I have to go do the stuff in the Free MCboot installation thread and then do the stuff in the swapmagic thread?

I just end up with the swap magic splash screen and it just gets stuck there. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.

Free MCboot installation Guide is for WHAT to do in preparation of the files you will use with Free McBoot and the Booting Installer tutorials are HOW-To's for running the Installer on the PS2.

So read the Installing Free MC Boot (http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/FMCB_install_guide.html)for apps to add, configuring the apps for the Sony menu or button launching, etc.

The use the Booting Installer using Swapmagic (3.6 or 3.8 Coder) (http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/en_swapmagic.htm) to boot the installer so you can install the program to your MC.

You can try the SwapMagic part in the AR max tutorial (http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/en_armax.htm), just skip the AR max Media Player parts.

santo
09-16-2008, 11:30 PM
can we change free mcboot bootscreen, with other image like we change hdloader skin ? How is it?

Bootlegninja
09-17-2008, 09:25 AM
not unless you can compile binaries from source code.

santo
09-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Then how i can compile that binaries , is there any software to make free mcboot more like hdloader, so we can replace bootscreen, imsorryi have to ask it , cause im so courius hehehehe:p

snyggebo
10-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Hi!

Im new here! seems to be a great forum and community.

I was wondering if anybody know where i can download the sourcecode
for fmcb v1.6?

Regards.
//Snyggebo.

killedbyname21
10-09-2008, 09:38 PM
you do know double posting is not allowed here fare this as a warning or one of the moderators will dwell upon u.

JNABK
10-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi!

Im new here! seems to be a great forum and community.

I was wondering if anybody know where i can download the sourcecode
for fmcb v1.6?

Regards.
//Snyggebo.

No source was released for 1.6............and i deleted your double post, we will see it even if you dont when it goes into moderation queue.

snyggebo
10-10-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm so sorry for the double-posts!

I'm new here and when i didn't see my post instantly i thought that there
was something wrong.

Regards.
Snyggebo