View Full Version : Codebreaker on ESR backups

pheonix12
06-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Hello. This is my first post on this site. I've been searching and searching for a way to use Codebreaker cheats on esr backups. I've used cracked v9.2s and v9.3 and the patched v10. (Where you have to rename ESR.elf to CB_launch.elf) If there is a way possible, could you tell me?

Also, I do not have a HDD.

lolwut
06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
the patched v9.2,v9.3 & v10 are ment to load hdloader for hdd or usbadvance use if i'm not mistaken, therefore if you want to cheat on cd\dvd you need the Codebreaker cd/dvd because its ment to cheat discs not apps (elf/slus/slps ect.)

pheonix12
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
the patched v9.2,v9.3 & v10 are ment to load hdloader for hdd or usbadvance use if i'm not mistaken, therefore if you want to cheat on cd\dvd you need the Codebreaker cd/dvd because its ment to cheat discs not apps (elf/slus/slps ect.)
So you're saying I need the backup of Codebreaker, or the original? I have the original, not the backup. I know it does work on original ps2 games. But It would not work with backups.

brittnearl
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
you can use the patched version make sure you rename esr.elf to cb_launch.elf and put it in the boot folder

pheonix12
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
you can use the patched version make sure you rename esr.elf to cb_launch.elf and put it in the boot folder
I did do that. But to no effect.

lolwut
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
well did you try the original you have?
nothing works better than original software and nothing is stopping you from trying it ;)
cant hurt lol, try it and report back so other people with the same problems will find the answer when they will have the same problem as you have now ^____^

pheonix12
06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
well did you try the original you have?
nothing works better than original software and nothing is stopping you from trying it ;)
cant hurt lol, try it and report back so other people with the same problems will find the answer when they will have the same problem as you have now ^____^
Yeah, that was the point of this thread. The other was for my own benefit, lol. I tried the original Codebreaker before, but to no advances. I did burn a dvd copy of Action Replay Max, that didn't turn out well. And when I used a HDLoader patched v10 Codebreaker elf, I would put the game in, press X to continue, it would go black, then it froze with the codebreaker sign. With three codebreaker screens though...

Zed
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I've gotten it to work. I use the patched/cracked version 9.3 along with CB_Launch.elf residing in (IIRC) the /boot folder of my memory card. I run FMCB, Codebreaker, and CB_Launch all directly from the memory card (no, there isn't room for much else on it...) and with this method I am taken back to the FMCB menu from Codebreaker. From here you can select ESR and play your patched backup.

It's seemed to work fine for me so far on all the games I've tested it on... It worked fine with FFX, Front Mission 4, and a couple of others.

I just launch the Codebreaker .elf from ULaunchELF, but you could add an entry into the FMCB menu if you really wanted to.

pheonix12
06-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I've gotten it to work. I use the patched/cracked version 9.3 along with CB_Launch.elf residing in (IIRC) the /boot folder of my memory card. I run FMCB, Codebreaker, and CB_Launch all directly from the memory card (no, there isn't room for much else on it...) and with this method I am taken back to the FMCB menu from Codebreaker. From here you can select ESR and play your patched backup.

It's seemed to work fine for me so far on all the games I've tested it on... It worked fine with FFX, Front Mission 4, and a couple of others.

I just launch the Codebreaker .elf from ULaunchELF, but you could add an entry into the FMCB menu if you really wanted to.
Wow. Extremely glad it can be done, without a HDD. Could you give me a link to a tutorial, or how you did it? (Patched/cracked it)

pheonix12
06-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Ok, I got it to load Okage: Shadow King. So far I don't see the codes working. But I bet it will work on FF10. Thank you Zed. I followed the tutorial by Bootlegninja: Patch Codebreaker to load HDL Directly - SKSApps.com - Console Apps - Gaming (http://forums.sksapps.com/tutorials/5545-patch-codebreaker-load-hdl-directly.html) . Thank you, and Good night.

Ylandiau
06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Hello. This is my first post on this site. I've been searching and searching for a way to use Codebreaker cheats on esr backups. I've used cracked v9.2s and v9.3 and the patched v10. (Where you have to rename ESR.elf to CB_launch.elf) If there is a way possible, could you tell me?

Also, I do not have a HDD.

please use the search function because if you had you wouldve seen this thread Cheat devices and burned games - SKSApps.com - Console Apps - Gaming (http://forums.sksapps.com/general/9055-cheat-devices-burned-games.html) and had your answer much quicker. but here is a tip, if you have a usb thumbstick keep your extra stuff like the codebreaker and CB__Launch file system there, heck if you get handy enough you might even be able to figure out a way for all of us to use these with online games and not get booted off the servers.:D

pheonix12
06-10-2009, 11:54 PM
please use the search function because if you had you wouldve seen this thread Cheat devices and burned games - SKSApps.com - Console Apps - Gaming (http://forums.sksapps.com/general/9055-cheat-devices-burned-games.html) and had your answer much quicker. but here is a tip, if you have a usb thumbstick keep your extra stuff like the codebreaker and CB__Launch file system there, heck if you get handy enough you might even be able to figure out a way for all of us to use these with online games and not get booted off the servers.:D
Ok, I'll try to find a way for Star wars Battlefront 2...

kado2999
06-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I made a tutorial earlier. Search for it.

Bootlegninja
06-28-2009, 01:40 PM
kind of redundant. the cb_launch.elf provided in the patched cb tutorial allows codbreaker to loop back to the fmcb menu to boot ether a retail disc, esr patched disc, hdl/hda/usb advanced elf files.

djflexmaster79
06-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Sounds redundant to me as well....

kado2999
06-28-2009, 06:14 PM
not really redundant because it still enables the codebreaker codes to be booted. Its only redundant if it does not work.

dlanor
06-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Redundant or not, redundancy is often a good thing, since it can help people find what they need sooner.

But my main point in making this post is to remind you all of something important...

You should never just advice a newcomer with CodeBreaker problems to launch the stuff off a USB drive, without first checking that he uses an older console type (v13 or older). Because on the newer slim PSTwo models CodeBreaker will simply freeze if any USB device is connected.

This happens regardless of if it is really used, and regardless of the device type. CodeBreaker will freeze even if you just connect a USB keyboard or an empty USB hub.

And this relates to ESR in the sense that the users of newer slim consoles are unable to use HDLoader, which leaves ESR as their only way of running backups of many games, since a lot are incompatible to USBAdvance.

NB: Even for the new consoles it is possible to launch CodeBreaker off a USB drive, but you must then remove that drive after the console has loaded and launched the CodeBreaker ELF file. This requires that you have a USB drive which indicates the load activity, so you know when it has stopped. That then is the time to remove the USB drive, so that the already launched but frozen CodeBreaker program can unfreeze and proceed normally.

However, for these cases you still have to have the CodeBreaker cheats database on the memory card (unless you only use the original database built into the elf, which is worthless to me...)

Best regards: dlanor