SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming

Go Back   SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming > Playstation 2 > Free McBoot
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Forums HardDrive List Ps2 Apps Ps3 Apps Wii Apps Skins Arcade

Search Site / Google

Free McBoot Discuss all things for Free McBoot here.

#1 Old 08-20-2009, 01:38 PM
jonXjon

Default Is Boot.elf the file to install ULaunchElf?

I have FMCB 1.8 on my memory card and I bought a second memory card to install FMCB 1.8 and it didn't install ULaunchElf :S I think that's because it said there was no BOOT.elf in the INSTALL folder on my flash drive...but there was :S

So, can I still install it with BOOT.elf? If BOOT.elf is ULaunchElf. So is this how I'd install it onto the second memory card? And would it show up on the PS2 Menu?

1. Run ULaunchElf w/ original FMCB memory card
2. Have flash drive and second memory card with FMCB 1.8 in PS2
3. Go to MASS
4. Run BOOT.elf
5. Install on second memory card

Is that what I would do?

Sponsored Links

#2 Old 08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Tarkan
M82

Hulk Smashup Champion!

Default Re: Is Boot.elf the file to install ULaunchElf?

use Noobie Package

#3 Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 PM
jonXjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkan View Post
use Noobie Package
what do you mean "use noobie package" i don't know what to do to install ULaunchElf is there a .elf file for ULaunchElf?

#4 Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 PM
JNABK
Forum GOD

Yes, uLaunchELF is the BOOT.ELF and its already included in the Noobie Package, thats what tarkan was trying to tell you. You can grab just the BOOT.ELF out of the INSTALL folder of the Noobie Package or from our Launchers downloads page, if thats all you want to install.

#5 Old 08-20-2009, 07:50 PM
jonXjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNABK View Post
Yes, uLaunchELF is the BOOT.ELF and its already included in the Noobie Package, thats what tarkan was trying to tell you. You can grab just the BOOT.ELF out of the INSTALL folder of the Noobie Package or from our Launchers downloads page, if thats all you want to install.
well when I open the .elf file in ULaunchELF it'll either reboot the PS2 OR just the screen will go black and nothing will happen. (I forget which) oh, and sometimes when I run ULaunchELF it'll reboot the PS2 (this usually happens when my USB Flash Drive is already in it) just so you know.

#6 Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 PM
JNABK
Forum GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonXjon View Post
well when I open the .elf file in ULaunchELF it'll either reboot the PS2 OR just the screen will go black and nothing will happen. (I forget which)
That sounds like your configurations for uLE is set to reload to the PS2Browser, so check your LAUNCHELF.CNF or delete it and letuLE start with its default settings, you can alwasy re-configure it.

What .elf file are you trying to open? The BOOT.ELF of the other uLE version?

Quote:
oh, and sometimes when I run ULaunchELF it'll reboot the PS2 (this usually happens when my USB Flash Drive is already in it) just so you know.
Again, it sounds like your uLE configurations are set to auto-boot the PS2Browser or your ps2 has a modchip...or possibly your booting the MC that doesnt have the BOOT.ELF on the MC and also it cannot find a copy in mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF. That is the location FMCB looks for it on a USB device.

I also have a suggestion from your other thread where you couldnt install BOOT.ELF or the USB drivers. While your in uLaunchELF, instead of trying to open an .elf file, copy/paste the BOOT.ELF to the MC you had a problem with installation of FMCB.

Copy BOOT.ELF from the INSTALL folder off the USB stick to the MC's BOOT folder, then copy the USB drivers from the modules folder (USB stick) to the SYS-CONF folder on the MC and you should be able to now use that MC same as the other one.

#7 Old 08-20-2009, 08:41 PM
JNABK
Forum GOD

Quote:

3. Go to MASS
4. Run BOOT.elf

Is that what I would do?
Close, but no, running another uLaunchELF is pointless if you already have it running:

3. Go to MASS
4. Run FREE_MCBOOT.ELF

#8 Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM
noetikos
Donator

Rep Power: 57 noetikos has a spectacular aura aboutnoetikos has a spectacular aura aboutnoetikos has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
well when I open the .elf file in ULaunchELF it'll either reboot the PS2 OR just the screen will go black and nothing will happen. (I forget which) oh, and sometimes when I run ULaunchELF it'll reboot the PS2 (this usually happens when my USB Flash Drive is already in it) just so you know.
just follow the very easy steps that JNABK has provided for you to follow given that you have the "noobie package."

btw, if you have a fat ps2 then it's important that you include the DVD.ELF file in the inject folder in the FMCB install folder.

i already pre-compiled this fmcb noobie package with everything that you need to get started. just use uLE on your original mc and run the FMCB 1.8 elf on your usb stick.

get it here, MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Need help? Please use the forums, not my PM inbox.

#9 Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
jonXjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNABK View Post
That sounds like your configurations for uLE is set to reload to the PS2Browser, so check your LAUNCHELF.CNF or delete it and letuLE start with its default settings, you can alwasy re-configure it.

What .elf file are you trying to open? The BOOT.ELF of the other uLE version?

Again, it sounds like your uLE configurations are set to auto-boot the PS2Browser or your ps2 has a modchip...or possibly your booting the MC that doesnt have the BOOT.ELF on the MC and also it cannot find a copy in mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF. That is the location FMCB looks for it on a USB device.

I also have a suggestion from your other thread where you couldnt install BOOT.ELF or the USB drivers. While your in uLaunchELF, instead of trying to open an .elf file, copy/paste the BOOT.ELF to the MC you had a problem with installation of FMCB.

Copy BOOT.ELF from the INSTALL folder off the USB stick to the MC's BOOT folder, then copy the USB drivers from the modules folder (USB stick) to the SYS-CONF folder on the MC and you should be able to now use that MC same as the other one.
So wait, if I put the .ELF file onto the memory card I want to install FMCB on, the FMCB Installation will find it on the memory card and install ULaunchELF? Or the .ELF on the memory card? Or when FMCB is installed I run the .ELF from the memory card and do the install?

And I'll try the uLE configuration thing.

Thanks for the help

#10 Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 PM
noetikos
Donator

Rep Power: 57 noetikos has a spectacular aura aboutnoetikos has a spectacular aura aboutnoetikos has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
So wait, if I put the .ELF file onto the memory card I want to install FMCB on, the FMCB Installation will find it on the memory card and install ULaunchELF? Or the .ELF on the memory card? Or when FMCB is installed I run the .ELF from the memory card and do the install?

And I'll try the uLE configuration thing.

Thanks for the help

dude, it's like your chasing your own tail here. stop and think over what JNABK & the fmcb tutorial for the install explains.

watch this video and follow the steps that i provided below,
YouTube - FMCB Install 101

1. stop messing with the boot.ELF file and stop trying to manually put stuff on memory cards.

2. get/download the fmcb 1.8 noobie package link that i provided and put that folder in usb stick for you to plug into the usb port on your console.

3. turn your ps2 on and go to uLE and under MASS: (directory where you can access your usb stick) and press O on the FREE_MCBOOT.ELF file which is the fmcb install.

4. once your in the fmcb install screen, choose a memory card port where the memory card that you want to install fmcb onto is.

5. wait a few mins and your done!

tha's it man.

Need help? Please use the forums, not my PM inbox.

Tags
bootelf, file, install, ulaunchelf