SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming

Go Back   SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming > Playstation Portable > Psp News

News Forums HardDrive List Ps2 Apps Ps3 Apps Wii Apps Skins Arcade

Search Site

Psp News Latest and Greatest Psp updates

#1 Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
BladeDreams
Ghost in the Mechine

Rep Power: 42 BladeDreams will become famous soon enoughBladeDreams will become famous soon enough

Default New PSP Named And Coming This Fall - ???

According to 1up:

Rumors of a major PSP hardware redesign have repeatedly bubbled to the surface over the last several months -- some claiming the removal of the system's UMD disc drive, and others pointing to a second analog stick and sliding screen.

According to sources directly involved with the new system, we have learned that Sony will quell those rumors by unveiling their revamped PSP at this year's E3 conference in June.

Many have speculated that the update would be called either the PSP 2 or PSP-4000, but our sources claim Sony will forgo a numerical moniker in favor of a subtitle. We've heard various rumored code names for the project (including PSP Slide, PSP Flip, and PSP Go!), but given that Sony has introduced the Go! brand of add-ons (the Go!View video on-demand service and 1.3 megapixel Go!Cam) for the European PSP, it seems likely that the new system will in fact be called the PSP Go!
Our sources further confirm that this redesign will be available in two SKUs, with either eight or 16 GB of built-in flash memory. The system is set for release in Japan this September with a U.S. debut coming in either late October or early November. In addition, since the UMD is going away, Sony will have over 100 classic and new PSP titles available for download at launch (Gran Turismo Mobile is said to be one of the premier launch titles).

As for the hardware itself, the redesign will include a d-pad, analog nub, and face buttons as part of a sliding unit sticking out below the screen (as seen in our mockup above). Unfortunately for those looking for twin-stick shooter controls, the new system will not have a second analog stick, but instead will remain consistent with the current control configuration.

When asked about any of these details, Sony, of course, stated that it "does not comment on rumors or speculation." As a bit of actual speculation, we wouldn't be surprised to see Sony borrow many design features from their Mylo 2 handheld Internet device, which is seemingly dead in the water. This could provide an 800x480 pixel touch screen for the system, as well as a camera on the system's backside. Between the redesign and a strong lineup of recently announced PSP titles (see: Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny), Sony is clearly attempting to assert their relevance in the wake of the DSi's release and success of the iPhone as a gaming platform.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of a splash Sony makes and the reaction the new hardware receives when it debuts at E3, which is only a month away. Preloading every PSP Go! with a copy of LittleBigPlanet would certainly make some waves.

SOURCE

Sponsored Links

#2 Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
blades_neenee
Mean Azz

Geebus....that screen looks to be a little big.

I read thru the link you added in, but it seems that there is no info
yet on what size it will end up being.

I bet the GUI will be very nice for movies also.

Hopefully they'll post actual pictures sometime soon....

#3 Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 PM
BladeDreams
Ghost in the Mechine

Rep Power: 42 BladeDreams will become famous soon enoughBladeDreams will become famous soon enough

Sony is no where near as bad as the 'china' markets you and I are used too . Where they say one thing then make a completly different item then anything even though of in the 'Ad'.....

So I 'think' this is a very real 'close' to what it 'may' look like.....LOL!

Will just has to wait and see though.

#4 Old 04-30-2009, 11:18 PM
blades_neenee
Mean Azz

Quote:
This could provide an 800x480 pixel touch screen for the system, as well as a camera on the system's backside.
From what this states, it could possibly end up with somewhere around
a 5" screen.....not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeDreams View Post
Sony is no where near as bad as the 'china' markets you and I are used too . Where they say one thing then make a completly different item then anything even though of in the 'Ad'.....

So I 'think' this is a very real 'close' to what it 'may' look like.....LOL!

Will just has to wait and see though.
Very true on the point about Sony being different than the China PMP's.

But have you seen the other 'concept' PSP?

#5 Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 PM
BladeDreams
Ghost in the Mechine

The 'other'? There are a loT of 'other' concepts, This is the most 'probalbe' one.....I think ?

LOL!

Just google PSP2, and then go to images.....there are a few to pick from.
Some are really pretty good, and most here would give anything....if it were able to be made...

Here are a couple......'CONCEPTS':

: dream:

#6 Old 05-02-2009, 08:59 AM
blades_neenee
Mean Azz

If it weren't for the concepts, I think people wouldn't have enough to talk
about.

I'm not too sure I like the floppy screen look....but the very first one, looks an
awful like the Ramos T9 or Ainol's new HD series.

#7 Old 05-17-2009, 03:15 AM
shagster

2D Knock Out Champion!

They should deff have two analog sticks imo,that was the only real issue with the first psp.Not including another stick would be idiotic!
Xbox 360 Pal unmodified
Xbox 1 Softmodded 80 gig hdd
Playstation 3 Fat Broken Blue Ray Drive
Psp Hacked Firmware

Tags
coming, fall, named, psp