Rogero CeX-4.21 CFW v1.00 Free For ALL
- This is a 4.21CFW spoofed to version 4.25 to allow SEN access
- It can be used as a normal System Update from any 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW
- TrueBlue CFW users must update back to OFW3.55 before installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks.
- It was tested using a hardware flasher and no bricks or any problems at all were encountered
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.21 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games must be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and not from app_home
- Current 3.55 homebrew application can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly.
- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using hardware flashers and will be tested soon using software methods.
Credits to eussNL and the PS3DevWiki for the valuable and always up-to-date source of information.
Credits to Deank for his continuous efforts on Multiman and many other PS3 tools/fixes.
1- This CFW doesn't have LV1 checks disabled and can't be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles unless you have Dehashed/Reset Syscon Properly (if you're not sure about your PS3, Dehash it anyway to avoid any risk) Link ----> Dehashing Tutorial
2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN or memdump before installing this CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
3- Always use the Recovery Menu while installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks (XMB update works, but Recovery Menu is safer).
4- TrueBlue CFW users must update back to OFW3.55 before installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks.
You need to already be on 3.55 to install this. Installing from any firmware other than 3.55 will simply not work
Also people don't be impatient and eager too install. Do some reading.
- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :
- Download the 4.25 downgrader PUP ---> 4.25 Downgrader
Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.21, go to System Update from XMB and install the 4.25 downgrader CFW.
- Once installed, now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu (or use Condor Updater for Slim consoles) and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once the install is finished, you're now back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 ( from here it's better to dehash again before installing any other OFW/CFW 3.55 )