SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming

Go Back   SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming > Playstation 2 > Media Players

News Forums HardDrive List Ps2 Apps Ps3 Apps Wii Apps Skins Arcade

Search Site

Media Players Simple Media System(SMS), MyPs2, Mp3 Player SE, Reality Media Player, PS2 MediaPlayer Pro, Ps2 Movie Player - Help Details & Information.

#1 Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Mjolnir Mark IV

Rep Power: 0 Mjolnir Mark IV is an unknown quantity at this point

Default SMS Audio Synch

I've tried various settings, but can not get the audio to synch up properly with the video for feature length AVIs. The motion seems to always come before the audio. Is there any way to fix this? The videos always play fine on my PC.

Sponsored Links

#2 Old 10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
spiderman

While watcing the video, press 'circle' and then 'A/V Sync 0000' will pop up in the right hand corner. Then press 'R2' and 'L2' to adjust (or is it 'R1' and 'L1' ?). Unfortunately you can't save these settings. For some reason some videos that I create have this problem, although they play fine on the pc. I have heard it said that this is a problem with the video converter not strictly adhering to video standards, standards that don't matter to the pc but SMS expects. I think it was dlanor that gave a method to 'restream' the video/audio that was quick and fixed this problem, but I forgot what rogram he used.

#3 Old 10-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Mjolnir Mark IV

That V/A Sync option is a great feature to know about. Thank you! Of course, I would like to know how to encode the video properly in the first place. Does anyone know of a way? Or perhaps of the "restream" method mentioned by spiderman?

Also, I was able to save the V/A Sync settings simply by going to "Save settings" after the adjustment. Seems to work fine.

#4 Old 10-31-2013, 04:53 PM
spiderman

I actually never tried to save the a/v sync setting because only a few videos had that problem and I didn't want to have to reset it to 000 for most videos. If there was a way to save the settings for just the videos having the problem that would be great, but it's not going to happen. For the most part, I have given up converting videos from one format to another, in addition to the a/v problems the quality is never very good. For most videos I want, I try to find it on the web somewhere. I do convert DVDs to AVI files, and this seems to work well. SMS will usually play the video file from a DVD without converting it, but the video file is large and often in several pieces. (It's been a while but I think the video file is the VOB file, to get SMS to play it directly you may have to change the name an AVI file.) First I use DVDDecrypter to create an ISO file of the DVD with all the VOB files joined into one large file. Then use ISOBuster or equivalent to extract the now large VOB file from the ISO. Then I use AutoGordianKnot to shrink the VOB file and change it to an AVI file. It's a lengthy process but produces excellent quality videos. If somebody knows a shorter process, or a converter without a/v or quality problems, I'd sure like to hear about it. That bit about restreaming was at psxscene a long time ago, and it was just one little blurb, I'm not sure if I could find the quote if I needed it. I love SMS, I use it all the time. I have a 1TB USB hard drive full of movies and TV shows that is plugged in to my ps2 and I watch them all the time. I keep strange hours, and I often can't stay up to watch my favorite TV shows, but I can easily find them on the web the next day, put them on the hard drive and watch them at my convenience.

#5 Old 12-10-2013, 03:52 PM
spiderman

The program used by dlanor to restream the videos is called 'virtual dub'. I tried it and it seems to work well.

#6 Old 01-05-2014, 02:04 AM
Mjolnir Mark IV

Thanks! I actually use both AutoGK and Vdub. Would you happen to know the process for restreaming in Vdub?

#7 Old 01-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Joypad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir Mark IV View Post
Thanks! I actually use both AutoGK and Vdub. Would you happen to know the process for restreaming in Vdub?
The latest versions of Virtual Dub I think you can open an mpg file directly and then just export it to an avi with xvid codec. You can also directly open WMVs and convert them that way too.

You could also take a look at WinFF for a video converting program with a simple interface.

There is also Vidiomi which is freeware.

For non-freeware, the original version of Intervideo DVD Copy can rip a DVD-Video disc straight to divx avi with a simple interface.

Tags
audio, sms, synch