SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming

Go Back   SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming > Wii + Gamecube + DS > Wii

News Forums HardDrive List Ps2 Apps Ps3 Apps Wii Apps Skins Arcade

Search Site

Wii Anything about the Wii.

#1 Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM
jokeman

Unhappy How to play GC games on modded Wii

First of all, don't be angry with me. I have searched a lot of forums on this topic, but I can't imagine what I should do because I couldn't find a satisfactory tutorial, and I am noob, of course. I am very confused . I would be very grateful if anyone could help me.

I have a modded PAL D2C2 Wii (Wasabi zero solderless) on version 3.4E. I have several questions;

1) Is there a tutorial explaining how I can play GC games (Product description of Wasabi zero says that it can boot directly backup GC games).

2) Can I play NTSC GC games on my PAL Wii?

3) Can I load directly the games on Wii with .iso or .gmc extensions? If yes, do I have to make a homebrew on SDcard? Or do I have to burn the games to DVDs.

4) As I read in the forums, I can create multigame discs. Do I need again a homebrew on SD card or anything else?

5) What are those WiiUI, SDLoader and GCOS?

I would be very grateful if the masters could help me

Thank you very much

Sponsored Links

#2 Old 01-29-2009, 12:56 AM
sbj0012

1) You can boot directly from dvd-r with a gamecube gcm or iso. The method is pretty simple, create a multigame disc with your gcm files (turns in to iso). Use Imgburn and record at no more than 4x (also, you need HIGH quality dvd-r's like sony, tdk and verbatim). It is really easy

2) NTSC GC games does not work on PAL wiis because of the tv signals but there may be a program that converts pal -> NTSC. I tried several pal games on my wii and they never worked

3) You can not load directly with iso/gmc extentions. You must burn to dvd-r and at 4x or lower.

4) With a mod chip, there is no need to use homebrew to play Wii and GC games but you will need them to play homebrew games and utilities such as emulators, media player. Yes you can create multi-game GC dvd-r and is economically better (3 games on one disc or Resident Evil 4)

5) I dont know wht WiiUi or SD loader but GCOS is a homebrew program that lets you burnt GC games and emulators.

I hope that helps, I was in the same position as you were a little while back but with some research and trial and error, I figured out Wii brew quite quickly. I am on my way to figuring out the PS2

#3 Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
lostboybinns

Rep Power: 0 lostboybinns is an unknown quantity at this point

I play NTSC games on my pal wii using the loader. They all work for me

Tags
games, modded, play, wii