SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming

Go Back   SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming > Playstation 2 > Tutorials

News Forums HardDrive List Ps2 Apps Ps3 Apps Wii Apps Skins Arcade

Search Site

Tutorials Ps2 App Tutorials, Post New tutorials here!

#1 Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 AM
jaybee

Talking OPL Game naming script anyone?

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to OPL and have been a fan of of the PS2 scene since it started but been away for a while.

Anyways, I have recently been undertaking the laborious task of converting a mountain of PS2 games to .ISO's for use with OPL.

I found it a pain in the backside trying to name them all manually in the way that the program expects them.

I came up with an idea to write a simple script in Bash on Ubuntu Linux to take the heat out of the process.

I originally created this for my own personal use, but I was thinking that there may be some others out there that may also be able to benefit from this, and may also like to contribute to the project and add in improvements of your own.

Here's what it does so far:

1) Spits out your PC's DVD tray and asks for a disk
2) you pop in a PS2 game, either CD or DVD and it waits for the media to become available.
3) It then attempts to read the system.cnf file off the disc and grabs the unique game catalog ID from it. It then searches a .csv file to also get the game name too.
4) If it finds the game name it will use the catalogue number and name to name the ISO for you and will then rip the ISO to your hdd for you.
5) If it cannot find the name in the csv database file then you must add it in yourself. (Quite easy as you can use Openoffice Calc to update the file).

The script doesn't have any big requirements, other than having brasero and K3b installed it should work fine.

I think the game catalogue csv could do with some work by adding in the disc id's. I got it from a foreign site and stripped the crap out of it but many games are missing from it (especially regional variations).

Let me know if anyone is interested and perhaps I can post the files here?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

#2 Old 09-15-2014, 10:08 AM
mitsos123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
Hi guys,

I am fairly new to OPL and have been a fan of of the PS2 scene since it started but been away for a while.

Anyways, I have recently been undertaking the laborious task of converting a mountain of PS2 games to .ISO's for use with OPL.

I found it a pain in the backside trying to name them all manually in the way that the program expects them.

I came up with an idea to write a simple script in Bash on Ubuntu Linux to take the heat out of the process.

I originally created this for my own personal use, but I was thinking that there may be some others out there that may also be able to benefit from this, and may also like to contribute to the project and add in improvements of your own.

Here's what it does so far:

1) Spits out your PC's DVD tray and asks for a disk
2) you pop in a PS2 game, either CD or DVD and it waits for the media to become available.
3) It then attempts to read the system.cnf file off the disc and grabs the unique game catalog ID from it. It then searches a .csv file to also get the game name too.
4) If it finds the game name it will use the catalogue number and name to name the ISO for you and will then rip the ISO to your hdd for you.
5) If it cannot find the name in the csv database file then you must add it in yourself. (Quite easy as you can use Openoffice Calc to update the file).

The script doesn't have any big requirements, other than having brasero and K3b installed it should work fine.

I think the game catalogue csv could do with some work by adding in the disc id's. I got it from a foreign site and stripped the crap out of it but many games are missing from it (especially regional variations).

Let me know if anyone is interested and perhaps I can post the files here?

Thanks.

Tags
auto namer, bash, game, naming, opl, opl naming script, script