Run 3.6+ Games on DEX
Preparing the PS Update
1. First use PS3 Game Updater
(or the Manual Method
) to get the newest Update pkg for the game
2. Then fire up Pkg View and extract the BCUS98295 dir into any dir -lets just call it targetdir.
3. Extract psn_package_npdrm.exe into this dir
4. Create a .txt into this dir and fill it with:
Content-ID = EP0001-BCUS98295_00-0000111122223333
K_licensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
DRM_Type = Free
Content_Type = GameData
PackageType = DiscGamePatch
PackageVersion = 01.21
Rename the .txt file "package.conf". Where BCUS98295 is the Title ID of your game and Packageversion has to be the Number of the Patch you downloaded.
5. Create A .txt into this dir and fill it with
psn_package_npdrm.exe package.conf BCUS98295
- Then rename .txt file to repack.bat
- Then run it (new PKG has just been created)
- Install it to your PS3
- On debug setting (on your console)
- Navigate to "Boot Mode" and select "Release Mode".
- Below, in "Blu-ray Disc Access" select "BD Emulator (USB)".
- And below, to use the maximum speed of your HDD, select "HDD Native".
- Drag your ps3_game folder to genGP3.exe
- And it will create .GP3 file located in same dir your PS3_GAME
Warning!!!!! This Step will format your USB Hardrive
- Connect the USB hard drive to your pc and open ps3gen.exe
- On the command tab choose BD emulator hdd utility
- Choose your USB Drive Then choose Format HDD for BD Emulator
- In file tab choose open project then locate your .GP3 file
- Click on "Build".
- On the new window choose second tab (For BD Emulator (*.emu)) then create your image files (*.emu)
- Open bdemu hdd manager.exe
- Load your drive then write image file choose your *.emu files that you just created
- Plug your bd emulator (USB Harddrive) to right usb slot then restart your console
- Start game from BD icon
When I follow this tutorial I format the USB drive on the PS3. I then use the PS3 DEX Open BDEMU HDD Manager and BDEmuPartitionTool.exe
to add more slots to the hdd.