SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming

Go Back   SKSApps.com - Console Applications - Gaming > Playstation 2 > Free McBoot
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Forums HardDrive List Ps2 Apps Ps3 Apps Wii Apps Skins Arcade

Search Site / Google

Free McBoot Discuss all things for Free McBoot here.

#1 Old 06-10-2009, 01:54 PM
pheonix12

Default Codebreaker on ESR backups

Hello. This is my first post on this site. I've been searching and searching for a way to use Codebreaker cheats on esr backups. I've used cracked v9.2s and v9.3 and the patched v10. (Where you have to rename ESR.elf to CB_launch.elf) If there is a way possible, could you tell me?

Also, I do not have a HDD.

Sponsored Links

#2 Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
lolwut
psx4ever.ath.cx

Default Re: Codebreaker on ESR backups

the patched v9.2,v9.3 & v10 are ment to load hdloader for hdd or usbadvance use if i'm not mistaken, therefore if you want to cheat on cd\dvd you need the Codebreaker cd/dvd because its ment to cheat discs not apps (elf/slus/slps ect.)

#3 Old 06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
pheonix12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
the patched v9.2,v9.3 & v10 are ment to load hdloader for hdd or usbadvance use if i'm not mistaken, therefore if you want to cheat on cd\dvd you need the Codebreaker cd/dvd because its ment to cheat discs not apps (elf/slus/slps ect.)
So you're saying I need the backup of Codebreaker, or the original? I have the original, not the backup. I know it does work on original ps2 games. But It would not work with backups.

#4 Old 06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
brittnearl

Rep Power: 0 brittnearl will become famous soon enoughbrittnearl will become famous soon enough

you can use the patched version make sure you rename esr.elf to cb_launch.elf and put it in the boot folder

#5 Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
pheonix12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittnearl View Post
you can use the patched version make sure you rename esr.elf to cb_launch.elf and put it in the boot folder
I did do that. But to no effect.

#6 Old 06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
lolwut
psx4ever.ath.cx

well did you try the original you have?
nothing works better than original software and nothing is stopping you from trying it
cant hurt lol, try it and report back so other people with the same problems will find the answer when they will have the same problem as you have now ^____^

#7 Old 06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
pheonix12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
well did you try the original you have?
nothing works better than original software and nothing is stopping you from trying it
cant hurt lol, try it and report back so other people with the same problems will find the answer when they will have the same problem as you have now ^____^
Yeah, that was the point of this thread. The other was for my own benefit, lol. I tried the original Codebreaker before, but to no advances. I did burn a dvd copy of Action Replay Max, that didn't turn out well. And when I used a HDLoader patched v10 Codebreaker elf, I would put the game in, press X to continue, it would go black, then it froze with the codebreaker sign. With three codebreaker screens though...

#8 Old 06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Zed

I've gotten it to work. I use the patched/cracked version 9.3 along with CB_Launch.elf residing in (IIRC) the /boot folder of my memory card. I run FMCB, Codebreaker, and CB_Launch all directly from the memory card (no, there isn't room for much else on it...) and with this method I am taken back to the FMCB menu from Codebreaker. From here you can select ESR and play your patched backup.

It's seemed to work fine for me so far on all the games I've tested it on... It worked fine with FFX, Front Mission 4, and a couple of others.

I just launch the Codebreaker .elf from ULaunchELF, but you could add an entry into the FMCB menu if you really wanted to.

#9 Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 PM
pheonix12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
I've gotten it to work. I use the patched/cracked version 9.3 along with CB_Launch.elf residing in (IIRC) the /boot folder of my memory card. I run FMCB, Codebreaker, and CB_Launch all directly from the memory card (no, there isn't room for much else on it...) and with this method I am taken back to the FMCB menu from Codebreaker. From here you can select ESR and play your patched backup.

It's seemed to work fine for me so far on all the games I've tested it on... It worked fine with FFX, Front Mission 4, and a couple of others.

I just launch the Codebreaker .elf from ULaunchELF, but you could add an entry into the FMCB menu if you really wanted to.
Wow. Extremely glad it can be done, without a HDD. Could you give me a link to a tutorial, or how you did it? (Patched/cracked it)

#10 Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 PM
pheonix12

Ok, I got it to load Okage: Shadow King. So far I don't see the codes working. But I bet it will work on FF10. Thank you Zed. I followed the tutorial by Bootlegninja: Patch Codebreaker to load HDL Directly - SKSApps.com - Console Apps - Gaming . Thank you, and Good night.

Tags
backups, codebreaker, esr